Saturday, October 27, 2012

You have got to be kidding me?

Moving to New York 2 years ago I never would have imagined that hurricanes and tropical storms would be something I would have to worry about.  Especially when they are taking place in the Bahamas!  Well yet AGAIN, we are under a severe weather threat due to Tropical Storm Sandy!  This means that there is likely to be power outages for several days, strong wind and heavy rain - leading to flooding & trees down....which only makes the power outage problem worse.  While living here we have lost power for a total of 10 days, 7 of those consecutive - and frankly I'm not in the mood!  I have 12 more days of this pregnancy and I'm not about to spend them Little House on the Prairie style!  We do have a few more things ready this go around though - we have water, lots of it! We have a generator, enough to at least power our fridge so we don't loose all of our food. We have a fireplace and wood to heat the house.

No power means: No water (we're on a private well) which means no showers, toilets flushing, etc. - No Heat - No stove - No Computer (which is our main source of news since we don't get a newspaper!
So again let me restate - I'm NOT in the mood!  Go away Sandy....you are very uninvited.

4 comments:

Jilene said...

I thought about you guys when we saw this on the news! And I was complaining about record breaking heat at the end of my pregnancy. Such a small thing compared to facing no water & power outages. Hopefully Sandy weakens and doesn't cause too much damage. We will keep you and your fam in our prayers.

Jennilyn said...

Hope it passes you guys!!! Just come have your baby over here at our house! We will be one big crazy family

Beth Willmore said...

Good luck! Remember that if you go into labor be sure to get a stick to bite on and tell Shawn to be sure to catch the baby! :) (Hope that humor made you laugh - not made you stick pins in a voodoo doll that looks like me...)

My Everythings said...

Oh NO!!!! I realllllly hope it skips you guys. Thinking of you, good luck with the babe! :)