Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Jack's Fall Field Trip - Kelder Farm

Jack's 1st official field trip was Monday.  The kids went for a hayride, picked out their very own pumpkins and indian corn, milked a cow, fed farm animals, and jumped on the HUGE inflatable bouncy pillow!  Jack was so excited about going, and Lyv and I were lucky enough to be able to tag along.  Of course this wouldn't be a day with Jack without some sort of mishap.... so, he found a big mud hole and managed to slip and fall in it.  It took me nearly 4 years, but I have learned I can't go anywhere without an extra change of clothes.  So we remedied the situation, changed him into a new outfit and sent him on his way.  All is well, but wait, we are talking about Jack here......Just as we were getting ready to go Jack wanted to take one more trip down the slide.  I reminded him that the mud hole was near the slide, so he needed to make sure to avoid it.  He whizzed down the slide, stood up, and ran right back into the mud hole, slipped and fell and basically covered himself with mud again!  I haven't quite learned that I need to have TWO extra outfits for him, so he rode home in his tighty-whiteys!  Boy I love this boy! I love the sheer JOY that he has on his face in so many of these pictures. He is a huge lesson on living life and enjoying each moment.






1 comment:

Julie said...

You are right, it is shear joy o Jacks face...so cute and so independent! Lyv looks like she is having a great time also. Sure miss you all.....see you soon!