Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cheering the Cougars of BYU....

Jack had a super special birthday this year - he celebrated his shared birthday with his cousin Brittney AND... he got his Game Face on baby!  That's right we hit up the BYU v. Texas game and had a great time seeing family.

Jack requested a soda and candy cake.  It was the fastest, easiest cake to make and clean up:)  I Loved it, and so did Jack.

Saturday we met up with Shawn's parents, and after Shawn ate himself sick at his favorite Tucanos, went to campus to get some BYU paraphernalia.  I loved being able to walk around the campus again.  I had such a great experience there and loved everything about college that it made me want to do cartwheels down the sidewalks.  I restrained myself - but only because it started raining cats and dogs.  We lucked out being in the WILK during the major part of the downpour so we didn't get soaked.  The kids had no problem with the weather, jumping into every puddle they could find.  After an 1 1/2 hour rain delay the kids had lost their enthusiasm for football, so I took them home early. But the game was awesome and we look forward to hitting up at least 1 game a year from here on out.



No rain can dampen this little lady's parade - she was literally singin' in the rain!
I posted these pics on Facebook because it was so funny to Shawn and I!  My brother in law, Dave, got this Kyle Van Noy helmet last season, and it still had the nasty sweat stains and chips from killa hits and tackles.  So we couldn't resist putting it on and feeling the power.  The helmet fit Shawn good, but it kept slipping off my head and covering my eyes.  Shawn said he loves this picture not only because I'm dead sexy wearing a BYU football helmet, but because it reminded him of how I looked when we were dating - or in other words when I was fun!


No comments: