Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shawn's Shiner and Lyv's not so New - New Bedset

 Unfortunately this picture doesn't do it justice - but this is what you get when you mess with Jack.  Or rather Jack's head.  They were wrestling and Jack headbutted Shawn on accident and gave him a nasty black eye.  His head is like a bowling ball in size, shape, and apparently weight too.
Last weekend's project was refinishing Lyv's bed set.  I inherited this set from my sweet Grandma Belva, and I've loved the wood work on each piece.  We went to work and antiqued it.  This was our first time trying anything like this, and I'm happy with the way it turned out - though it was a little more gray that I shooting for, and in the pictures that is really accentuated.  We also have a vanity with a rounded mirror that completes the set - but since we have no room for that in our house right now, we'll have to wait to finish that up. My sister in law also gave us really cute butterfly decorations and a canopy that will be going up soon, if we can find a stud to attached it too:) Lyv walked in and said, "It's beautiful!"  I'm glad she liked it.


 My favorite shot of the week.  I always get asked if these two are twins.  No but in a lot of ways yes.  Lyv would follow Jack into hot lava and Jack would be bored out of his mind without his sweet - rough and tough sister to play with.  I hope they will always be close.

1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

Oh geez..I think we live parallel lives sometimes! Jeremy currently has a shiner too from Carter! They were practicing a new wrestling move and Carter got the best of him. He has tried every home remedy to try and make it go away! Love Lyv's furniture and can't believe Max will be celebrating a birthday soon! Miss ya!