Sunday, October 20, 2013

Grove of the Patriarchs - Mount Rainier National Park

We had the a gorgeous drive up to Mount Rainier National Park today.  The fall colors were out in their full splendor, and it was breath taking!  I commented to Shawn that I'm turning into my mother, because she used to always make comments on how beautiful the scenery was when we were driving, and we would roll our eyes and moan about how it was just a tree!  Now I find that my "maturity" has given me a greater appreciation for God's creations and for the change in seasons.  We've live in several parts of the country and have witnessed several beautiful falls - the one thing that stood out today was the depth and variety that we have here.  The colors ranged from deep green to vibrant yellows and reds.  These colors were found in all kinds of trees both coniferous and deciduous (wow! where did that botany lesson come from?) We were thrilled to see mountains...actual sheer rock jutting out atop the tree line.  It was amazing!

We hiked a short trail to the Grove of the Patriarchs were there are 3 trees that are over 1000 years old!  These trees were HUGE!  My favorite was the cedar - it's colors were gorgeous.  The kids loved the trail and it was the perfect afternoon outing.  Thank your Heavenly Father for such beauty.














2 comments:

Freeman Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! So beautiful, miss your little family a ton!

Jilene said...

Beautiful! I miss fall colors so much. Love your Halloween door too.