Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Fun

Is it me or do Halloween festivities last for 2 weeks?  I'm not complaining, but by the time Halloween is over I'm ready for a vacation.  We carved our pumpkins Monday for FHE and the kids all pulled out their own guts this year.  Sam did his own carving completely on his own.  Jack attempted not to cut his fingers off, but he caved in and opted for my help.  Lyv was just happy to have a pumpkin with sharp teeth.  


 This girl LOVES Halloween!  I think the holiday was specifically designed for her.  She was able to dress up 3 different costumes to attend parties and trick or treat!  She made a pretty cute Tinker Bell...but she also insisted on a dinosaur.  Really?  I finally get a girl to dress up in frilly, sparkly things and she opts for a roaring dinosaur!  Oh well.....
 What is Halloween at our house without our traditional sugar cookie decorating?  Not Halloween.  This is the first year that Sam missed out, his own choice, but Jack and Lyv are the ones that truly appreciate frosting cookies.  They eat the frosting off the spoon and dump a truck load of sprinkles on each scrumptious bite!  We even introduced Max to the sugar cookie rush...... He didn't think it was too shabby.  It is a good warm up to his first birthday cake.



 This week got a friendly visit from our neighbors the ducks.  I think the New York ducks passed the word along to their western country cousins, because these ducks came right to the patio to get bread.  It was fun for Max to see them waddling around. He kept pounding on the window saying.. Da,Da, Da!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Your blog always brings a smile to my face. I wish I was a fun mom like you! Good job!!