Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving '13

It has been four years since we spent Thanksgiving with the Hill family, and we weren't disappointed.  We had a full schedule - Mom, always goes above and beyond - so the kids were never bored or wanting for activities.  We went to the movies and bowling, played football-bkb-volleyball, showed our competitive side playing Trivial Pursuit and Risk, argued:), ate a lot of good food, and had a lot of great conversations.  Everyone was home, and it really was such a treat to be surrounded by our family!  We hardly saw our three older kids during the entire vacation - they were too busy playing with their cousins to have much to do with us.  The kids were really into making these elastic bracelets and popsicle stick airplanes this year.  The little girls also had a great time being dressed up and being taught  dance routines from the older girls.

Mom and Dad put on a fireside for the kids, that I'm sure they will remember for a long time.  I also got to spend some time with Grandma Jeanne!  She is such an amazing woman, and I can't believe she is doing as well as she is after her knee replacement.  It was a great time!  I am so grateful for my family and the memories that we are able to create and the relationships that we are able to strengthen each time we get together.

I have to admit that at times I am reluctant to embark on a Hill Holiday - we have a tendency to have some heated "discussions", but regardless of our difference in opinions and our need to fight to death at times, we love each other.  I am so grateful for each one of my family members, old to young, that add such a unique and essential part to my life!

 Kamryn & Emmy (JD); Leah (Bobbi); Lyv
 Cole (Steph); Tanner (Bobbi); Jack & Sam
 Shawn and Big Ryan playing some major football in the Turkey Bowl!
 Thanksgiving Dinner helpers:
 Minnie Dad - a.k.a, J.D.
 I made Mom pose with her lovely pumpkin roll
 I didn't even bother trying to get Dad to look at the camera, he's a party pooper when it comes to pictures! But a great turkey carver.
 Carli (Bobbi); Hayden (Steph); Tyleigh (Chad); Brittney (Bobbi)
 Crafting it up!
 Penny & Kaderick


Bailey (Emily's friend); Emily (Ryan); Brittney (Bobbi); Tyleigh (Chad)
 Charlie (Ryan), Cy (Chad), Ledger (Steph)
 Cole - Ledger - Tanner and Jack received the coveted turkey legs this year!  So excited about this!


The Clean Up Crew 

 Getting all pretty with the older girls!

 Bowling!  A favorite Hill Family pastime!  I love the bowling shoes.  There is something about the Ronald McDonald feet that just do it for me!





 Enjoying some sno cones in November!  Yummy!


 My beautiful Grandma Jeanne and my sister Steph - these two are twins!

 The ENTIRE Crazy Fam!  (minus Christine & Tom)

3 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

How fun!! I am so glad that you labeled who each kid belonged too - I cannot BELIEVE you have that many nieces and nephews. Awesome!!

Glad it was a good Thanksgiving, and your "heated discussion" comment was hilarious.

Also good job on getting a piano for your kids - you're such a great mom!

I'm sad we didn't see you, we were at Gma H's for Thanksgiving dinner! :)

Last but not least, JD looks much less like a wild mountain man than the last picture I saw of him! :)

Stephanie said...

I love the Hill Family!!!
Love to read your blog !!!

Freeman Family said...

WOW! So glad you got to spend time with the whole crew! I love the pic of your dad, same thing my dad would do! I wonder how many calories of the amazing food your family prepared were consumed! Love it!