Monday, October 19, 2015

October Happenings

The kids had Dash for Cash on the 9th of October.  They were all excited to get out and run, and it was a great opportunity to cheer them on!  In typical fashion, Sam ran until the sweat was pouring down his face jogging 12 laps = 3 miles.  Lyv skipped/ran with her besties and waved at me after each lap, and she totaled 5 laps.  Jack disappeared from the track twice to get a drink and go to the bathroom - yet he managed to get 5 laps too!  The school earned a ton of money for activities and school improvements, so it should be a great year at Cottonwood!  Go Coyotes!



 I usually HATE school pictures!  Seriously, they are always the worst - horrible backdrop, awkward smiles, you name it its there…but the kids pictures all turned out super cute this year!  Shawn insists upon me buying an 8x10 each year because he thinks school pictures are hilarious.  After I saw them I wish I would have bought a few more…my kids are cute!



Poor Max…he has been struggling with sleep the past two months!  He hasn't napped since he was a toddler so that is not new, but he has been waking up every night and ends up sleeping with Shawn and I.  The other day after church we had heard or seen him for a while so I wondered upstairs to check on him, and found him wiped out in his bed!  Poor guy!
 In other Max struggles….the victory over diapers has yet to be won, and Max has absolutely no motivation to do anything in the potty.  I HATE potty training.  The worst parental responsibility ever - it is just so frustrating!  I have tried and stopped twice now, but we did have one victory - he actually peed in the toilet for the first time.  You think I would have won a million dollars by my reaction.  I danced and cheered, I showered him with suckers and high fives….he was really excited!  I thought YES!  He figured it out…sadly this was short lived, and quickly followed up by two more accidents that indicated it really was a fluke.  Bummer…did I say I hate potty training:(

 Finally Jack Jack!  What a wonder of a boy created his very own library system out of his books.  He colored coded sticker dots to represent a different literary genre.  There was historical fiction, fiction, fables, science, beginning chapter books, music, family books, and learning books.  He is such an amazing mind!  I loved everything about this - and it is just another representation of Jack's personality. He is such a cerebral person and loves to learn - know we all get to enjoy his love for learning in a  very organized fashion:)


1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

Dear Jack,
Please come to my house in Iowa to organize our shelves. I promise you lots of candy!
Thank you!
Love, Dana