Saturday, December 8, 2007

Faith in America

On Thursday Gov. Mitt Romney gave a speech about Faith in America, due to the questions regarding his LDS faith. (You can watch the speech on http://mitt-tv.mittromney.com/?showid=718280) I have been really interested on this issue throughout his run for office - seeing what he will say and what he won't say. Part of me wants for him to come out and bear his testimony like an 8 year-old primary child, and the other part wants the media to back off and stop counting the times he actually said "Mormon" during his speeches (oh, it makes me so angry when they critize him for not saying he's "Mormon" - when when will they realize that its a nickname and that he is actually a Latter-day Saint!!. I have such a deep interest to see how he represents us, that I find myself wanting him to say more. What is your opinion on Mitt and the media?

2 comments:

Debbi said...

I haven't watched it yet, but Wade has and said it was good. I am really trying hard to just listen to what they have to say and not like Mitt because he is mormon. I liked the healthcare plan that he presented at DMU, it would benefit Wade and I right now if it were in place. I also really like Mike Huckabee - the Gov from Arkansas, but I don't think that he has much of a chance. He is a former preacher and you don't see many people having such a hard time with a preacher being president, just a mormon.

Debbi said...

I guess I'm the only one commenting on this - but anyway, I did like Mike Huckabee and planned on going to listen to him the other day at DMU, but then he made some crazy comment about mormons, which I think was really really low. I hate when they start to all play dirty!