Sunday, July 5, 2009

And Here we have Idaho...



WoW! What a busy, crazy week it has been. From start to finish I'm pretty much spent, but the boys seem to be loving every minute of it. We started Saturday with the big Load up! It went great, and we finished in about 2 hours. (Thanks to all those who helped!) We then cleaned the house, shampooed the carpets, and blew up an air mattress - so we could go and ROCK our SOCKS off at the Keith Urban concert! Amazing. He is great, and we had a blast = we mean to say ME had a blast!





We then had Sunday where we said goodbye to our friends and neighbors. This was a lot more difficult for me then I thought it would be. I am still really sad to know that I won't see such great friends for a long time. We stayed Sunday night at hotel, and picked up Ma and Pa Hill from the airport.



We then started the long trek across the country! But not to make it boring we took advantage of the sites along the way. We went to Winter Quarter's Temple in Omaha. To Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota, and then to Mount Rushmore! It was so great, and worth every mile. I really enjoyed it, and the boys did awesome in the car. My camera's batteries died, so I had to revert to the old film camera - can you believe it?? So those pictures aren't on here. We took in the Reptile Garden's and Crazy Horse Memorial, and Little Big Horn too. It was a big day, but it was really fun! Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us drive, it was great to giggle with you.



We rolled in to St. Anthony Wednesday afternoon and unloaded the truck (thanks to my color coding - I know I'm totally OCD!!) Thanks to my sisters I was able to get my load of "crap" as it was affectionately referred to unloaded and put away that same day. We then hit the 4th of July holiday with full force, heading up to Island Park for a fun day on the boat and relaxation at the cabin. We watched the fireworks on the boat and it was a perfect way to end the day. Sam and Jack have been loving their cousins, and I'm sure once things slow down we'll all realize that we really aren't going back to Iowa and that will be a sad day.



Shawn left this morning for Minneapolis to start his rotation at Hennepin County Hospital. We love you Shawn, and already miss you like crazy. I thought you would like this pic of you and Jack-O. My ear just isn't the same.

9 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Hi friend! I have been dying for you to update this so I can see you! It was great to see Shawn yesterday but we wished you were with him. I see Sam has on his Iowa shirt in the photos. Carter (and I) misses his friend so much. He keeps asking why we can't go visit, so he has decided to save his piggy bank money to buy a ticket to Idaho. I think he might be able to pull it off. I have been getting better about not staring out the patio window to see what is going on over at your house. It was a bad habit I am having a hard time breaking! We miss you so much. It really hasn't sunk in yet and for some reason I keep thinking you will come back (remember I am acting like the 14 year old who has had their heart broken :) We love you and miss you!

Andrea said...

Wow Megan! You guys really did pack it all in this week. That is awesome you were able to see Keith Urban before you left this great state. I am glad you all made it there safely, and are getting settled in. Hunter will surely miss Sammy boy. And I will most definitely miss you. (Thanks for returning my ??? about the capes.)

Keep in touch, and when you are in UT, give me a call and we can meet up.

Nick and Brent said...

Oh, don't you just hate moving? So sad to leave friends, but I'm sure you're loving being around family. How long is Shawn in Minn? Were you able to sell your house yet? Sounds like the moving trip was turned into a fun road trip!

allison said...

wow I am tired just reading about all that you have done in one week.
I am glad you guys made it home safe.

Nicolette said...

Yay! I'm so glad you made it back to good ol' St. A! I can't wait to see you this summer (Steph is getting married!). I loved seeing Mt. Rushmore. My family stopped at this stupid little tourist trap with the Flindstones. Is that still there? Ha!

kim said...

So where are you staying? I am headed for Idaho on Saturday!!! I am so excited it has been too long since my kids have visited Grandpa and Grandma. Let me know and we can come and see you. I am so glad that you are safe and had such a great trip. There is a lot to do between there and Idaho and it is a fun trip!!!

crapo family said...

YAY! you are here! I can't wait to see you! :)

Jennilyn said...

Hey I got our message, sorry I didn't call you back we had a busy weekend.
I hope you are hanging in there and Shawn is doing good too. I will call you soon. love ya

lori said...

Looks like you are having a great time. You are definatly staying busy. We all missed you on Sunday.
I love Island park it is so much fun.
My husband accidently deleted my blog. It was a sad day for me. I created a new one so I could leave comments. I haven't had time to do anything with it yet. Hope all is going well. Have a great day!