Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good Bye Praire Creek Drive



Jack had his 9 month check-up today, everything was great! He is 21.5 lbs, 28 1/4 inches long, and has a big noggin' - 70% (not too big, but you know). He is as cute as ever and super, super active. He is so much fun at this age and sooooo HAPPY! I love(most of the time) his sense of adventure, he is into everything. He is getting close to walking (ahhhh...) I'm hoping to hold him off on that, and he crawls up the stairs, FALLS down them! He is always so excited to see us and has a big smile on his face nearly all day long. He loves to eat, and eats pretty much anything, I try to feed him a variety of foods - his favorites are avacados, grapes, icecream, cake, cookies, chocolate.... uh, big problems I know. But he loves to eat green beans and brocolli too! I'm so grateful to have such a healthy, happy boy.
This is my last post from inside our home. I am terribly sad! I have loved all the time spent here, and especially the people who we have met and grown to love. I had to post one more picture of our house and the boys in front. They have been so happy here too. We are sad to leave, and I know I'll be taking many more pictures this weekend as we pack up this chapter of our lives. We pack our truck on Saturday morning, clean and mow that afternoon, hit a Keith Urban concert (yes, I know we are CRAZY!), go to church and say goodbye there on Sunday and say goodbye to all of our neighbors and friends. Monday morning we pull out for an exciting adventure to Mount Rushmore! then finally to Idaho by Tuesday or Wednesday. We have a crazy week ahead of us, and it will be fun and exhausting. Until our next post...... so long, farwell....

8 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Awww, good luck and I hope everything goes well. I wish I was there to see you again, but I hate good-bye :( I hope we can meet up in Utah or something. Travel safe. Love ya

Brigit said...

I don't envy you, Meg! I cried all the way to Omaha when we moved. DSM is an awesome place. I still really miss it. Good luck with the goodbyes, travel carefully, and I'll see you in a week!!!

{Erica} said...

Best of luck with the move. We miss you guys and your adorable boys!

Be sure and stop at WALL DRUG on the way to Mt. Rushmore...believe me you'll see signs along the way. Also, there's a McDonald's in the town that houses the "famous" Corn Palace...also along the way. The McDonald's right off the exit has the Hamburgerlar and other McDonald's characters do a show (think Chuck E. cheese). Also, be sure and drive to the back of Mt. Rushmore to get the profile shot and take in the beauty of the black hills!

TRAVEL SAFE!

Amber said...

well i know you are sad but i am super happy you'll be closer to home!!:) Are you driving alone?? i hope not. anyways call me so we can get together while your here! lets take the kids swimming or something.

Family Scads said...

We'll sure miss you all. It looks like we will be one of the only original student families left in the ward. I guess that you will just have to come and visit!

Lots of love and luck!
-Kim, Nate, & fam

Nicolette said...

Meg, I had the funniest dream about you last night. Don't know if it's appropriate to share, but what the hey? You wanted me to get HIV tested before being your friend. I was FURIOUS! I couldn't believe you didn't trust me! But you insisted. When I woke up I was still mad for like 15 min :)

Anonymous said...

Megan I am So grateful I got to know you. I echo back to you everything you said in the card. The ward will not be the same without your family.
I hope your house selling Sunday went well.
We were at Kieth Urban also. What a great concert. Have fun in your travels this week, and hopefully we will see each other this next year. We could meet up at the green belt and walk our kids around it or something.
Hope you have a great day.

allison said...

Good Luck with everything! I hope you guys have a great trip back home.
Thanks for letting us come play the other day. My girls had a great time and I enjoyed hanging out and talking. They just couldn't believe that is was the last time they could go to Sam's house.