Thursday, January 28, 2010

Abdicating the Throne

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to have a baby girl! BUT..... I've been the "princess" my whole life. I'm the youngest of four girls, and my parents were very nice to me (my other siblings will tell you that I was completely spoiled and allowed to do everything!) - so I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my title! Is that bad?? Yes it is, I know it, but with handsome princes like these around, would you want to be moved up to the queen? Moving - Take 2: Round two of our moving is commencing. We move back to Idaho on Saturday and our little apartment has been quickly filling up with storage containers, boxes, and I think I might invent a packing tool belt that holds magic markers, packing tape with dispenser, packing paper folded neatly, and a little computer that tells you what to put in where when you get down to a few random items and end up creating the hideous MISC. box!
The boys haven't seemed to mind the moving process again - they always find it to be a lot more fun than I do. Here's the newest wolf den. These Bolt ears/Bunny ears have become a favorite dress up item and in any day Sam can be Bolt, a snow fox, a wolf, a white lab, etc.

Oh - One last thing: Are there any "GIRL" accessories, clothes, etc. that are MUST Haves that I might not be aware of? If so let me know! I'm on the look out for things I need to get. Thanks.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious...you've obviously been in the boy world too long, the stores are loaded with girl accessories. (not that I know what I'm talking about) but I love those little flowers for baby girls since they all look unisex when they're born. You're a pro mover by now you are!

Beth Willmore said...

Yeah you should definitely get some of those HUGE flower headbands. (There are some seriously cute ones at Traditions in Rigby since you're headed back this way.) And on that topic - when you get back to Idaho let's get together! The kids can play and we can do lunch or something!

My Everythings said...

Oh the moving fun. I don't envy you. Moving with two kids, and being pregnant, yikes. I am so excited to send you some girlie things soon. Can you get me your parents address again so I can ship it when its ready.
Thanks Princess! :)

Freeman Family said...

One thing I have noticed I do with Claire that I didn't do with Carter is she has an outfit for every holiday, valentines day, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, etc. They just don't make that stuff for boys! So look for sales after a holiday and you can stock up on little Christmas sweaters or cute heart shirts for Valentines Day, etc. Also, it is a MUST to have a hair accessory for each outfit and when she gets older, you can make matching bracelets to go with them! Claire won't leave the house without something in her hair, a bracelet on and "lipstick" (chapstick) in her pocket! Those flower headbands are cute! Stay awake from the skinny tight ones as they just indent their soft heads and leave a nasty mark for days..lesson learned the hard way! :) Also, Robeeze makes TONS of cute soft shoes for little girls. They do go on sale at times so watch for that! Wish I was there to help you move (back to Iowa :) Miss you!

Smittys said...

I make all of the flower headbands, so save your money on those and tell me what colors you want.
Leg warmers are a must from babylegs.com

Jilene said...

I learned how to make those baby leg warmers & the cute flowers & headbands. They are really easy to do. Just look for knee socks (Target has cute ones) that have the colors/patterns you want, cut the bottom half or so off them, then sew around the end you cut. I used a zig-zag stitch. I've seen people leave them unsewn too, whatever you like better. That end is the one that goes on their thigh, so you don't really see it.