Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dancing on the Ceiling

IS this Spiderman??



It feels like forever since I updated the blog, so here goes: We have a couple of really good reasons to be dancing on the ceiling. Shawn finished his residency interviews in Texas. He was gone for eight days - and did great. But we have to wait to find out where we've matched until March, but this hurdle is over. This also means that Shawn's core is nearly over and we only have 2 more weeks in Utah. Good and Bad - we've loved living here and having a place of our own, but we'll love to have a break (Shawn gets February off) and living in Idaho until May.
Sam has become a master swimmer and skier! He is quite the stud and we are so proud of him. There is nothing better to see him learn something new and he is a lot more daring than I thought he would be. He rode his first chair lift and skiied down the mountain without falling down:) Better than what I can do!
While Shawn was in Texas, the boys and I headed to Idaho. It was a great, relaxing trip and thanks to the fam the boys had a wonderful time. We went swimming at Green Canyon (a natural hot springs), went on a date to Alvin and the Chipmunks, and visited CAL Ranch - thanks Grandma Julie-dog and saw the Blind Side with my dad. The boys also got to make bread with Grandma Julianne, which is always a favorite activity. This time they enjoyed eating the dough as much as making the bread.

I had my usual doctor's appointments while we were home and found out that YAY - I get my braces off in one month!! Hurray! and BOOO - that my blood type is now considered A-, which means that I have to get the shot for the Rh factor. I haven't had this with my other two, but I'll be getting it for this one, which is fine but I HATE needles.

I finally made it to the fabric store and finally made up my mind about what to do a girl's room in! This really has been a nightmare for me, I can't quite adjust to "thinking pink" and I still gravitate to the boy colors, clothes, and toys. Help! After an hour of going around and around the bolts of fabric I went with a blue floral pattern as my base. I'm pretty excited about it, and hopefully it will turn out as good in real life as it is in my mind.

6 comments:

Smittys said...

Good picks! Love them!

Nick and Brent said...

Umm...I think I'm a little late at saying this...but congrats on the baby girl! And good luck! I wouldn't know what to do if I had a girl, little bows and dolls are mysteries to me. :) And I love the post about the toilet...yuck!! I've heard there are clamps you can buy for the toilet seat so your kids can't get into them. Maybe it will work?

Jennilyn said...

anything you make is cute!!! if it is a blanket or a kid...

Unknown said...

I just read all your new post and you guys sounds. Busy, happy, and wonderful. You family is so cute and you always have something fun going on or that you are working on. I wish we lived by each other we would have so much fun. When is your due date again. I think we are very close to each other! Little girls are so much fun!!!! by the way i think I am logged in as Brian but this is obviously Kim!!!

Freeman Family said...

I love the colors you picked! You'll find that pink does get old after a while and other colors are cute on girls too! Oh Jacko, Claire says she still loves you even though you moved many miles away, haven't visited since you left and now have a love relationship with the crapper. :) I am so excited Sam is trying some new things and doing so well! What a brave little man! Congrats on having the interviews over Shawn! Miss you guys! HUGS

Ashton & Co. said...

that pic of Jack on the toilet looks a lot like my dad (that sounds bad...I mean his face, and not necessarily when my dad is o the toilet...) :) Anyway, cute pics and sounds like we need to go skiing whne you guys are here! Can't wait to see you soon! The girls room will be DARLING no matter what you decide to do!