Friday, March 12, 2010

A Spoonful of Sugar....

Life hasn't slowed down a bit in the past week. Jack's cut is healing really well, but he continues to return to the scene of the crime and I find him in the same slippery shower laughing occasionally. This boy seems to have no fear, and he also seems to like getting into trouble. He has now learned how to open ALL the doors in the house, and loves to be outside - bad combination. He is learning so fast, and Shawn found him downstairs, lounging on the pillow watching a show with Sam the other day - he did this all by himself.
Last week, I was able to go to Denver with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, Michelle, and her girls, and stay with my other sister-in-law, Brigit, for a few days and see the Broadway musical Mary Poppins! It was a wonderful show, the music was familiar and very entertaining, and the sets were amazing! We had such a fun girls weekend, and I think I'm a very lucky girl to have such Supercalifragelisticexpialidocious In-Laws!

While I was away Shawn stayed with boys, and they had a great time being with their dad. In fact, when I got home, Jack wanted nothing to do with me. On Sunday we are 5 weeks and counting for baby girl Summers to arrive, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous about having three (okay lets be honest having JACK with a new baby!) I did finish her quilt, bumpers, and crib skirt; and they turned out better than I hoped. My next task is to master the art of hair bows and bands.... I'm not sure I have the knack for this, but I'm willing to give it a whirl!
Sam has been playing non-stop with cousins, and they find all sorts of creative ways to play: Introducing the Dirt-Bike Brothers. Cooper made his own paper helmet, and they improvized with swimming goggles. We also hit up Bear World to see the new baby cubs they had.

4 comments:

My Everythings said...

First of all I am soooooo jealous you went to Hawaii. The pictures are gorgeous. Second, ONLY 5 weeks!!!!????? Where did the time go? What are you going to name her? I need your parent's address, that's where you are now, right?
Third, every time I see a picture of you I can't help but think how much you look like your momma. Spittin image, I say.
Fourth, bear cubs?! Adorable. maybe idaho is cooler than I thought......Maybe.
love your guts.

Anonymous said...

You look so tiny and fit...I bet you're still running 12 miles a day! Your quilt turned out soooo good, how did you do the flower pattern on the back? Did you do that all yourself? If so I am MIGHTY impressed (if not I'm still impressed).

My Everythings said...

Oh yeah, one more comment. I love your quilt. Please tell me that you got it quilted on a long arm by someone and that you didn't do that yourself. If you did, then I am flying out to ID tomorrow for you to teach me. it looks sooo pretty.

Ashton & Co. said...

Can't wait for the little princess to arrive! :)