Tuesday, March 2, 2010

STITCHES - a nice way to return to the blog


Yes it has happened.... it was bound to happen right? Especially with Jack and his uncanny ability to run into, fall into, bounce off of, nose dive into everything. Sam has really liked showering lately, and Jack decided that he wanted to give it a try last night. I thought why not, get both boys bathed and ready for bed in one shot. Jack was loving the shower, and I turned around to get him a towel, and I heard a blood-curdling scream. Even at that point, I thought "Man he bonked his head again" I opened the door and blood is gushing (and I mean gushing) from his forehead. I yelled for Shawn and lifting him up saw that this was really bad. It was to the bone. We quickly rushed him to the emergency room and after two hours of numbing gel, two dissolvable internal stitches, and about 7 exterior stitches we had a fully recovered Jack. He was such a trooper, which I'm so grateful for. I felt horrible, and seeing your baby sad just isn't good for any mother. I'm so grateful that it happened at this age, because he is soooo resiliant! He woke up this morning and acted like everything was completely normal, and was running around falling on everything just like normal.
Another thing that brought a smile out of a bad situation was Sam discovered that he really does love Jack! My mom was watching Sam while we were at the hospital, and he started to cry and say, "My poor little brother!" We also discovered this morning a nice get well soon note from Sam to Jack on the side of the crib.

2 comments:

Team Harris said...

Poor little guy! Those are gruesome stitches.

Freeman Family said...

Oh poor Jacko! I just want to give him a big ol smooch! PLEASE call me when you have a minute! I can't wait to hear about your trip and catch up! It has been too long! Give everyone a squeeze for me..isn't Shawn's big day coming up?