Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rosendale or Bust! We almost Busted.....

I know that it has taken a little while to post pictures (sorry family) but it has been a CRAZY two weeks to say the very least. I have to record this for future posterity to be grateful for the efforts it took to get out to the great state of New York.

We left Idaho Tuesday, June 8th and stayed in Denver at Shawn's sister Brigit's home. It was great to see their family before heading so far away. We traveled to St. Louis (13 hours) the next day and the kids did really great in the car that day. We saw the Arch in St. Louis for about 4 minutes as we drove by - so we can now check that off the list of things to see. Day 3 is when things started to get hairy. The kids started to get sick of the car, and between frequent potty breaks (once where Sam had to actually pee in a cup because we couldn't get off it time) we started to notice a tire going flat. (Now if you know the history of the van - it has these PAX tires that NEVER go flat - in reality they do, but you can still drive on them for up to 125 miles in order to fix them or get new ones. So we drove to Youngstown, Ohio on the border of PA and stayed, deciding to go in the morning and get the tire fixed, a quick hour right?? WRONG! We ended up finding out that the PAX tires can only be replaced at a Honda dealer (which couldn't get us in for another 5 days!!!) and that two of the tires needed to be replaced immediately and each tire costs a small $650. After a lot of driving around, "heated" discussions with Honda, and pure frustration we decided to replace all the tires with regular tires - but had to also purchase new rims for because of the special PAX tires (did I mention I HATE these tires!)
In the meantime, Shawn and his brother Jake had left for the house, because we were supposed to be there by 3:00 p.m. to meet the truck with all of our belongings. HOWEVER, the moving company called and said they didn't have any drivers, so they wouldn't be able to drop it until the next day!!!! AHHHH.... we had to find a hotel room (which was super expensive because of a Horse Show going on that weekend - our luck right!) and finally my parents, the kids and I arrived Friday night at about 9:00 p.m. to an empty house. Saturday we moved in with help from our ward Young Men, and all seemed to be looking up. My parents had to leave that night to catch an early flight Sunday morning (I was SO sad to see them leave - this was by far the most difficult move we've made) and then they started on another fun filled day of delays, cancellation of tickets and flights, and didn't get home until Monday afternoon to Idaho! So now that this saga has been written down I can finally take a deep cleansing breath and move on to bigger and better things!
Here are some pictures of the house - which by the way - we LOVE! The yard Rocks my socks and the kids are going to have a ball here. The area has a lot of small little villages, each with its own unique shops, etc. We are excited to go exploring and take advantage of this beautiful area. Enjoy the pics - sorry there are ALOT!
Front of the house
Kitchen

Kid's Project Area - my dad made them this table!


Family Area

Dining Area - my mom and dad's old table painted black!
Our Room Front room - turned into a book nook


Boy's Room

Lyv's Room

5 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely - but I'm so sorry about all the stress with the tires! I would have been royally ticked off! Your house looks beautiful and I'm excited for you to keep us updated on your new adventures!

Smittys said...

Oh my gosh! Isn't moving just super fun? There always has to be something that happens. For us it was Addy throwing up like crazy.
Love that Sam had to pee in a cup. You should have called me I am from Ohio and have hook ups at the honda plant there in C-bus.
Did you already have time to paint? Or was that already there?
I love the house!

Jennilyn said...

OH MEGAN!!! I am so sorry you had to go through all that, but it makes a great story. Your house is adorable and I am glad you are doing OK. I wish you lived closer...Miss you guys.

Freeman Family said...

I have been thinking about you so much! I am so glad you made it there safely despite PAX tires! I LOVE the place! The colors rock! I hope you are settling in ready to begin your new adventure! Miss you guys!

My Everythings said...

It's beautiful! How exciting. How long will you guys be there for?