Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

We LOVE Halloween here at the Summers' home. It is celebrated throughout the entire month of October with crafting, cooking, and of course costuming. We recieved our annual pj package from Grandma Julianne! Thank you, Thank you - they looked so warm and cozy in the jammies.This year we each had our own choice: Sam was Spiderman, Jack was a Turtle, and Lyv was a Ladybug. Shawn and I threw around several ideas, but none were the "perfect" idea until we laid eyes on an old blanket I had. A few cuts here, a hat there, a couple of tanning sessions later whallaaa!!!!
Mexican Hat Dancers. Shawn's costume was so complete that while we were at the ward Trunk or Treat people didn't recognize him, and he kept speaking Spanish, which didn't help. I was asked several times who I was with (my "spice" boyfriend)! The kicker though was that he was confused to be a black man - the white hands gave it away. He was pretty darn dark, Jack was a little bit afraid of him when he first saw him. We spent Friday at the Trunk or Treat, Jack LOVED Halloween because it meant candy, candy, and more candy - he also liked the apple bobbing game, and kept trying to eat the hanging apple even after the game was done. Sam is a little more picky with his candy, he only takes chocolate or pretzel/cracker type candy, anything fruity is a no go, and so he spent much of the night saying, "No Thanks!"
Saturday was Sam's last soccer game of the season. He did awesome. There was seriously a huge improvement from his first game to his last, and he was an animal this last game. He sometimes gets a little too competitive and lets the other team have it if they score a goal! We are working on this. Look at the game face on that boy! Yikes, I'm a little afraid.But the highlight was his very own trophy, with his name on it. He couldn't have felt like more of a winner. In fact, I told him that I wanted to make a sign with his name and number on it to take to the game so we could cheer him on. He told me no! He said, "I already know I'm cool, so I don't need a sign."
We celebrated Halloween on Friday night, and Saturday and had our traditional spider breakfast, and mummy dog dinner. It was spooktacular!

8 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heavens you and Shawn look amazing - how funny! The kids look cute in their costumes too!

Jennilyn said...

That is great! Landon was spiderman too. And you and Shawn look so great.

Smittys said...

Oh My Gosh I was just laughing so hard at your costumes! Love them!

Freeman Family said...

You guys are rocking the mexican hat dancers! LOVE IT! The kiddos are super cute too! Claire was a lady bug too! We trick or treated at your old house, just isn't the same. Carter still says, "there's Sam's house" Boo-hoo! :(

allison said...

you guys look great! love it! and your kids look darling especially you little ladybug.

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh wow they look so cute! bYou and SHawn were the BEST!! SHawn is SO dark!!! :) I love it! The kids look darling as always...can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Julie said...

Hey, Juanita, you and Jose look great!! So does Spiderman, Mr. Turtle and Sweet little Ladybug! How cute you all look! I dressed up as an old lady and Kelly dressed up like an old farmer....we didn't even need costumes! Counting the days ...15!

The Allred Family said...

Ok, I seriously laughed out loud when i saw you and shawn. that is hilarious. I miss celebratig ahlloween with you guys!