Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just one of those weeks...and a half

It's been a mad house around here the past 10 days. I don't know if after having all of our visitors, all forces for good turned against us, but for whatever reason, we've been struggling to get back into the groove! Reason #1:First Shawn was on call all last week, and he was very busy. You really wouldn't imagine that a podiatrist would get called in for emergency situations alot, but he does. So that left me (and three kiddos) to shop for a Christmas tree, get groceries, do laundry at the laundro mat, etc. Hence .....I've begun to let myself go... let my house go... let my kids go....Welcome to movie night, with your hosts Sam and Jack.... love the ties.
Is that what I think it is? Yep, just keeping it sanitary. Napking anyone? HahahahahaLyv is finally starting to grasp the beauty of food. Too bad it still ends up everywhere but in her mouth.Jack playing Mickey Mouse, and trying to dress himself; he came out with an undershirt on backwards, pants on backwards and a tie.... I think he's on to something.
Reason #2: I've been without a washer for 3 weeks! I will never, ever, take my washer in the scary basement for granted again. Our washer broke one week before Thanksgiving, our service took longer than usual, then they found out that they couldn't fix it, so we had to get a new one.... long story short I had a MOUNTAIN of dirty clothes to do. Isn't it funny that when the washer decides to give up the ghost, Sam wets the bed about three times in a row, Lyv poops out of her clothes about five times, and Jack, well Jack usually goes through 2-3 outfits a day for various "Jack" reasons.... Here's the end result, and this is with two loads already in the washer and dryer!
Reason #3: The kids have a little cabin fever - at least that is what I'm attributing the madness to. I've been breaking up fights, putting Sam in time out for teasing, cleaning up mess, after mess (Jack dumped an entire box of baby rice cereal and ground clove spice bottle out on the floor at 8:00 am); and trying to calm a teething baby - Lyv's tooth count is up to four. I couldn't help but post these pics of Lyv in her new clothes... she makes everything look so cute.
Sam enjoying his daily work out. He is really, really bored.....
Reason #4: We've got SNOT! Lots and lots of it, all three kids have come down with a nasty cold. We've been using a lot more Kleenex lately and having a lot more melt downs due to not feeling good. Now that I've posted the pictures things don't look that bad, but trust me.... we've been pjs until noon for a week, a broom in one hand or the vaccum in the other and still not making much progress. Please good forces, come back, this mom needs them before she has a MAJOR meltdown.

No comments: