Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm Melting....

We had an incredible cool weekend. Shawn's parents flew in to go and explore NYC - and we took them done to their hotel in Times Square. Then Shawn and I got a special treat - we got to caught a matinee performance of Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre. It was wonderful, the performers were incredible, and I loved the music. The story was so good - and since I'm totally crazy for never having watched the Wizard of Oz, this will do as a suitable substitute. It is one of my favorite plays I've seen thus far.

We then got to view the hustle and bustle of Times Square at night - seeing that lit up is like being in Las Vegas, and the kids loved the shops like the M&M store and the Hershey shop. Finally as we drove out of the city we got to view the NYC skyline. It is gorgeous. I don't think I could ever "live" in the city, but visiting and being this close is something that I'm so grateful to have near me for the next 2 1/2 years. We plan on wearing out our welcome and NYC is a good place to start!! We head out to Idaho this weekend for a LONG vacation and we are SOOOOOO Excited!! (Hence the CAPITAL LETTERS!) Keep Manhattan, just give me that country side.......

3 comments:

Freeman Family said...

I LOVE the picture of the skyline, it is definitely postcard worthy! So awesome to talk to you the other day! Have a rockin time in ID, wave to us as you fly over!

Jilene said...

Isn't Wicked so good! I loved it when we saw it in LA. Have fun in Idaho...jealous. :)

allison said...

That looks so fun. You took great pictures. Hope all is going well for you guys, have a wonderful trip.