Friday, January 7, 2011

Summers' Schenanigans

Last post I put pictures of a nice snow cave that I made with Sam during our week of snow fun... well Shawn saw this weak excuse of a snow cave and decided to pull out the big guns. He and the boys created the monster of all snow forts, even carving their initials in it (since there are NO Girls Allowed - you'll notice only the JSD. I have to admit, it was great, and then he bombarded them with a continous rain of snowballs and they made good use of their fortifications.

They also got much needed haircuts. Sam had grown out his hair, which we loved, but it needed a little trim so it wasn't a mullet... I took him to get a "trim", and they turned it into a mullet! AHHH... so I tried to trim it myself, and we ended up taking both boys and getting cuts. Jack had his first cut, and he was a great sport, sat very still. He thought he was pretty hot stuff.
Sam has been a great helper lately, and just seems to be growing up a little more each day. He and I can really butt heads and I think it is because our personalities are so similar. He is such a planner and an organizer, he wants to be in charge (okay so he is my twin!) but he is also so good with Lyv and helps me with Jack too. I'm really going to miss him when he goes to school! He has assured me that he'll be back everyday though.
Some funny things about Jack recently - he calls me "Honey" when he really wants something. For example, "Pop, please Honey!" or "Candy please Honey". I love it, it always makes me give in to whatever it is he is asking for. What a stinker. He is still a stinker in the mischievious things he does. He just doesn't play with toys EVER! I find myself getting VERY frustrated with him during the day, because he just doesn't respond to any distraction or me trying to redirect him to something more age appropriate (like toys instead of the Ipod) So I've been trying to make a bigger effort to sit down and play with him. He is kind of a tantrum thrower as of late, not lay down and kick and scream, but the cry for a long time type. He gets this really pouty look on his face and starts a fake cry. He says funny things like "oh, Nuts". Yesterday when Lyv woke up from her nap he asked her if she had Good Dreams (something I always ask when he wakes up.) It was too cute.
Lyv is becoming VERY mobile, for not crawling yet she sure scoots around. I'm just amazed at how flexible she is and laugh when she gets into things that are 5 feet away from where I sat her. As evidence of her new found mobility she has a nice bruise on her head from falling face first into the wood floor. She is started to eat a little better, mostly fruit. She has an iron jaw when I try to feed her veggies and hits the spoon right out of my hand! She is still a very happy girl, and oh, what a gabber she is. I think she'll talk earlier since she babbah bahs.. all the time, screams this funny high pitched scream. She loves to watch the boys, and is always laughing and smiling at what they do. I'm still her favorite person in the world, which can get frustrating as she'll sit in Shawn's lap and cry at me to hold her... she just looks at me like "why am I not in your arms!" She cries "Ma..." even. She has a super cute four tooth grin that is to die for.

4 comments:

My Everythings said...

That picture of of Shawn throwing snowballs looks identical to ELF! HAHA!

Jennilyn said...

I love that sweater on Lyv! So cute! Miss ya

Nick and Brent said...

How fun, I am jealous of all the good snow your kids are able to play in! Our snow (in Utah) this year has been weak and disappointing...

Amber said...

She is a doll, and I can't believe how grown up sam looks. SAD! He will be so big next time we see you. Speaking of...my sis in law works for Jetblue and they are having an amazing price on tickets to NY if you book by Jan 19th and you have to go sometime before or through April i think. Like 139 each way or something...i thought that was good! I'm sad cuz my due date is in March so there's no way we can get these tickets but hopefully they will have it again sometime so we can come see you guys!