Thursday, April 21, 2011

R is for Rodeo

For preschool last week we talked about the letter R - and we had ourselves a little RODEO. Oh, yeah baby! They LOVED it....

we did some roppin' and some barrell racing' and made our own homemade bandanas. Here's some pics of the little buckaroos:



My boys have been totally awesome that past little while. I don't know what it is, maybe its that they are finally playing together, or that they get to burn off some energy outside with the change of season, but they have been great. I feel like I need to post that - just so they know how fun they are (most of the time!)


Sam has really taken upon himself the "big" brother role - he is so responsible. He also causes a lot of the tears, but he does try his hardest to inforce the law around these parts. Lately he has been into building the Pillow Club - a huge pile of couch cushions and pillows in his room, where the boys jump into and climb through like a big bouncy cave. This is a daily activity - and he usually helps clean up! He also is so sweet with Lyv - we took her to the doctor and he refused to stay for her shots because he doesn't like to see her cry or get hurt. I love it.

Jack is HILARIOUS!!! Oh my goodness - this kid has got the funniest sense of humor and brings Shawn and I in tears from laughing so hard. He is in a stage where he "hates" everything... but these are the most random things you can think of. He'll say: "I have the Statue of Liberty" or "I hate the letter "R". or "I hate F-4 (from the game Battleship)" He'll say it and than I'll say no you don't and he'll laugh. He also says things like "For crying out loud!" and "Jeeze Louise" and always in the right timing. He is so funny. I wish I could capture these candid moments on video because they are wonderful!

1 comment:

kim said...

Seriously Megan! You are such a fun Mom! I love reading all the fun things you guys do. And I must say I am totally impressed with your Preschool stamina! I did it for a long time and enjoyed it but it was a LOT of work. When i put the effort in it was very rewarding though. It has dwindled around these parts though. Your kids are so sweet and adorable and Lyv looks like one happy birthday girl! Way to go, you are awesome! Oh, LOVE the cake too! What a great idea!!