Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wonderful Easter Morn

Jack LOVED hunting for eggs - I think he would make this a life profession if he could. Once he realized the wonderful fact that there was a candy inside, eggs = happiness. Jack was all business, no kidding around or dawdling. Lucky for him, there were plenty of Eggs to be found in the 3 egg hunts we attended over the week. We had some fun with lots of friends - which turned out to be a blessing for me and the kids as Shawn was gone over the weekend to Gettysburg with the Scouts.
Hunt #1 - Playgroup KidsHunt #2 - Famous Schreniger Homestead Hunt Hunt #3 - The Summers' Family Easter Morning HuntSam and Jack scored big time this weekend - and BEWARE: They are armed and dangerous...... the Easter Bunny brought them bows and arrows, and Daddy brought them sling shots from Gettysburg. Rules have been established, whether they will be followed is still questionable, a word of warning: Enter our premises with caution!
Our kids looked adorable in the Easter best! I think each one of there pictures matched their personalities so well that I had to include them as well: Starting off with Sam -always handsome, but insisting that I no longer do a "mohawk" in the front of his hair. The result the "I just got out the shower and matted down my hair with my hand" look!

Jack always the wise guy and jokester, but looking extremely polished in his sweater vest.



Lyv's flower is a bit large, but she it seemed to suit her lately - big butt, big attitude, big girl, big flower.

This year especially Easter has a much deeper meaning for me. I am so grateful for the gift of the Resurrection. What a beautiful morning that was when the Savior showed himself to those whose hearts had been broken by His loss. Binding up the broken hearted - providing a perfect brightness of hope when all seems lost - Easter is truly a holiday to celebrate. I cannot express my love and gratitude to my Savior and Redeemer for His mercy, His love and most importantly His life, given so that I can have
this for all eternity.

2 comments:

kim said...

beautiful,amazing! what else can I say? I even shed a tear at your sweet testimony. Miss you!

Julie said...

What a beautiful bunch of kids. I love Lyvies nose smashed up against the window...too cute. The boys looked so handsome and Lyv so pretty. Where were you? Behind the camera as always. I am sure you looked beautiful too. Miss you all and love you so much!!