Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sweet As Pie...or Cake!

Lyv's birthday was a pretty typical day other than the new presents and the fun Skype session we did with our families while she ate her birthday cake. I have to say that was a super great way to share the celebration with our families. When your thousands of miles away... what else do you do?


She was spoiled rotten - she got a ball (Sam) and baby bottles (Jack); a swimming suit (G & G Hill); a trampoline (G&G Summers); a birthday outfit (Robinson's); and a baby doll (Freeman's). We got her a kitchen and to be honest I put it up a few weeks ago.... I just couldn't help myself. I"ve been dying to get a kitchen for the kids and until our girl came Shawn put the skids on these plans. They have all loved it! My too... except (Katie, you'll appreciate this) I have some OCD tendencies and it drives me crazy when the food is not seperated according to refrigerated items and non - and that the dishes have to be in their slots. INSANE, I know!)

4 comments:

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

Wow!!! i can't believe it's been a year already.....she is so adorable and good job on the cake...super cute!!!
I love it..i was the same way with seperating the kids toys(such as toy dishes) and what not, but after so many kids i've had to let it go...lol!!! your such a cute mom!!!

Jennilyn said...

Such a cute cake Meg! I love Lyv's little pink tutu outfit.

Freeman Family said...

Love the outfit and the cake! Well done once again! Hope she loves Baby Stella as much as Claire does!

Anonymous said...

She CANNOT be one!!!! Wow - i'm lacking on reading blogs lately and i'm trying to catch up.... holy cow i cannot believe your how big your kids are getting and just as cute as ever! MISS YOU!