Friday, December 21, 2012

12-21....the end of the world as I knew it!

 Today is the END OF THE WORLD..and/or our 10th Anniversary! Ten years ago today my world changed forever for the good.  It has been the best 10 years of my life, and I look forward to then next decade of adventure with Shawn.  I told Shawn earlier today that my new favorite song is "Home" (Phillip Phillips) because I feel like it rings true to what our 10 years has been.  Here are some of the lyrics:
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home."
Shawn has been my "home" for these past 10 years, and I know that he will continue to be no matter where our life journey takes us. There really is no place like home.

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Congratulations you two! 10 years is a miracle in this day and age, and you still look like you like each other - way to go!

Freeman Family said...

Happy decade of marriage to one of our favorite couples! I love that song too! I know life is crazy but try and find a couple of minutes of just "couple" time today! Seems weird I didn't know you 10 years ago, I feel like I have known you forever! Love ya!