Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Max Smiles and more Merry Moments

Max lit up our home with his first smiles starting Dec. 13th!  He has been such a sweet boy, and is growing like a weed.  We took him into his 1 month check up, and he weighed 12 lbs., 22 1/2 inches long, and 40 cm head circumference.  I think he is looking more like Jack as a baby lately.  He also started to "talk" and we all sit around trying to coax him to coo or smile at us.  He continues to be such a blessing to our home - the only down side to his smiles: they occur mostly in the morning so Shawn has yet to see a really good one.  Shawn often thinks I'm making things up about the kids when he's not here to witness it first hand.  Unfortunately he is absent most of the time, so he does tend to miss out!) 

We made our Gingerbread Houses on Saturday.  They were a success, using melted chocolate this year instead of frosting.  The kids (minus Sam) were much more interested in eating the candy than decorating.  Jack's house only lasted a mere 24 hours before it was no more....Lyv's eventually caved in due to major "excavating!"


Parting Pic of Max - loving this new shirt and the Tongue that goes with it! 
Sam is such a good brother to all of three of the younger kids.  I really don't give him enough praise for the good helper he is to me.  Recently he's been helping take care of Max when I'm cooking, and even helping Lyv get on the potty if I'm feeding Max.  Without Sam, life would be much more difficult.  I love this boy!  Finally - in light of the tragedy in CT; I am so grateful for each of my children.  Sam, Jack, and I gathered around the computer and read about the events, and we were able to talk about what had happened and why.  I am so grateful for eternal families, that allow us to be together forever even when sad things happen.  Sam's school here in NY was much like the one in CT.  Sam is in 1st grade this year, and I know that it hit him especially hard.  I'm grateful for his teachers and principal that made sure to reassure the students on Monday that school is a safe place. 

1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

I remember Carter and Sam making a gingerbread house at your house one year! Doesn't a baby's smile have a way of completing melting your heart? Nothing else matters at the moment they give you that big gummy grin! Thanks for sharing! Makes my day! Oh yeah, and who would have ever thought our first born boys would turn out to big such big helpers one day? I don't know what I would do without Carter around to help me with these kids! Miss ya!