Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Missing You

Two years ago today, my brother Ryan passed away.  In so many ways I can't believe that it has been 2 years - we continue to miss him each and every day.  I was talking to the kids tonight at dinner about Ryan, telling them funny stories and memories that I had, and I realized again how grateful I am for the opportunity to have him in my life.  He was a man of incredible compassion, charity, and courage.  I miss his smile and his laugh - his laugh was one of my favorites. I miss his quiet presence and his ease with his nieces and nephews.  I miss having him here, but I know that because of the Savior, I'll be able to see him again.  For that I'm incredibly grateful. I found this quote from the Ensign, an LDS church magazine, that really made me reflect on the beauty of family - the true meaning of our life:

“Grief is the natural by-product of love. One cannot selflessly love another person and not grieve at his suffering or eventual death. The only way to avoid the grief would be to not experience the love; and it is love that gives life its richness and meaning.”
Ryan love and miss you!

No comments: