Friday, February 22, 2013

My Sunshine



This sweet boy continues to capture the hearts of all he's around.  He is just a happy - happy baby.  He looks at someone, and starts smiling.  It just lights up his face and the entire room.  Even when he's sick, teething, hungry, he manages to find a smile.... let the pictures do the talking:

 This is Max teething - poor guy is getting his bottom front teeth, and he gnaws at his lower lip and his fists all day long, but keeps smiling....
 This is Max with an ear infection. That is right after having bronchitis - we went back in for a check up, and found out that he had a double ear infection. Poor guy!
 This is Max pooping - this boy blows out at least once, usually twice a day and that includes 2 new outfits because its up his back.  He appreciates a clean bum more than any of my other babies, so his smile vanishes if I haven't "addressed" the situation within a few minutes.
 This is Max suffering from major dry skin due to the winter's dry climate.  He scratches and rubs his face and head, and ends up looking like he got into a fight with a cat.  No matter how short I trim his nails, he manages to create scratches.  I've tried socks on his hands, but his helpful siblings always take them off.  The dryness is also affecting his hemangioma making it crack at times....hoping for an early spring.
 This is Max trying to not find the constant attention showered upon him by his siblings annoying!  He's  a good sport, but when he's had enough - its enough.  Sam loves to hold Max and "bounce him" (shaken baby); Jack likes to try hold his hand (Max has recently found his feet and hands and is constantly moving them - not very easy to "hold") Lyv likes to smother him (sometimes literally, with her body, with blankets, with kisses and hugs - I can't leave her with him alone ever!)
Finally this is Max reminding me how much I love my babies.  This is the reason I have children.  For this short 12-15 month period of time, they love me more than any other person.  He smiles every time he sees me, he stops crying when I pick him up, he cuddles and snuggles....I just love my babies.  The times goes so quickly, then they realize that I'm not very fun at all and start to search out their dad and siblings.  I'll soak it in while I can get it.

3 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

What a sweet little boy! I can't believe he's had a double ear infection, teething and bronchitis all in such a short time period. That's like cruel and unusual punishment!

I had to laugh about "shaken baby" with Sam. Meg's like Lyv, she just wants to smother Mace with hugs and kisses and he's big enough now that he tells her to knock it off (he literally says "gnaw i ah sissy"!) and then shoves her face away. She gets her feelings hurt and I have such a hard time not laughing because she annoys ME with how annoying she is to him!

What cute kids you have, I'm glad you have such a happy, snuggly baby!

Freeman Family said...

I just want to eat him up! So happy! Can he be any cuter? Enjoy those moments when he loves you unconditionally! We all know they will grow out of it!

Jilene said...

I can't believe he is getting teeth already! Poor little guy with that on top of the other stuff. Ty got RSV and that wasn't fun. Love happy babies.