Sunday, August 6, 2017

Wrapping up Idaho

After the family reunions, I sent Shawn back to Yakima with Sam (he headed up to scout camp), and I stayed behind with the youngers to soak up some more time in Idaho.  I wanted to just hang out and take my kids to do some favorite activities.  We hit up the sand bar, caught water skippers in the ditch, got several shaved ices, swam with the Ashton's, hit up Soda Vine several times, and visited with Grandma Jeanne.  It was such a great time to just be home - my parents even took us on a picnic up to Mesa Falls, which was a great treat for me since I relived a childhood memory doing that.  


 Cy quickly became part of my family and we knick named him Cy Summers - I loved having him around to entertain my kiddos!

 The trip to Idaho left Eva EXHAUSTED!!  Poor baby doesn't sleep well unless she is in her own bed.  This meant a lot of catch up on napping for her.

 Jack reading his morning paper with breakfast....just like Papa Rick!

 Mesa Falls with the Old Folks!





 Photo Opps with their namesakes - Olyvia Jeanne and Eva Michelle!  Two amazing women my daughters are named after!


 After our relaxing weekend in Idaho we headed to Utah to catch up with family there.  The Blake's are always so good to host us and we had a blast swimming and hanging out.  These two are pretty cute together!



 Eva with her 2nd cousin Annabelle! 

 YAY!!!  Another highlight was welcoming this young man home.  Nathan served as an amazing missionary in Fort Worth Texas and we were there to hug him when he came home.  I adore this guy and know that there are many more amazing moments to come in his life.  So proud of him!

 We also visited sweet Emily - while we were home Emily was diagnosed with NUT midline carcinoma.  This is a very rare cancer and the prognosis isn't great.  But she is continuing to fight and continuing to smile, reminding me that we can find happiness and joy in any circumstance.  It doesn't mean she's not scared or even mad at times, but she continues to radiate her kindness and courage.  I love her and continue to pray for a miracle.

 One more picture with Grandma Jeanne!  What a treat to visit with her each morning.  It is something I look forward to each time I go.  I love her continued presence in my life.  She continues to just go, go go and I admire her so much for that!

No comments: