Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup - So Sweet!

This week Sam has been either a total stinker or the sweetest, cutest boy - I'm not sure if he's bi-polar or what, but I'm going to highlight the sweet-cute stuff! * After FHE on Monday Sam took Shawn's scriptures and said, Direct quote: "I'm going to read about Jesus Christ." He then opened them and started to flip through the pages and tell us that Jesus likes his house, he likes butterflies, and he likes cookies. Who knew? I don't doubt that all of those are probably true, but it made FHE so great this week.

* We also had our 1st ever TORNADO WARNING on Thursday and had to go seek shelter in the basement (which by the way I'm so grateful we have a basement to go!). It was issued at 10:00 at night and lasted for about 20 minutes. We had to get Sam out of bed, but he slept through the entire warning in a sleeping bag. Nothing happened, but it was definetly an experience we will remember.

* All of the other kids in the neighborhood have bike helmets, so we decided it would be good to get Sam into the habit of wearing one, even though his bike doesn't really allow for "extreme" biking! He found a Thomas the Tank Engine one, complete with elbow pads. He loves it. Honestly I've never seen him this excited about something. Infact yesterday he rode his bike about 8 blocks by himself to a local park. He's quite the cool rider!


* Finally last night we went on our date night and our good friends watched Sam for us so we could see Indiana Jones. When we picked Sam up, of course he didn't want to leave, but driving home in the car he said, "Mom I feel happy!" He's never expressed his emotions before, so thank you Grover's for helping Sam feel emotion, especially HAPPY!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun, he is so cute. Kids say the darndest things right!!!!

Ashton & Co. said...

Sounds like you had an exciting Tornado scare! That's one thing that will hopefully never happen here! How are you feeling Meg? I need to call you guys- we're not very good about that, are we? I'm glad we understand each other.

Sam is a doll as usual. LOVE the helmet. One day he will find how uncool that is...

Why is Shawn a doctor? He should be FIRE CHIEF! But only if he smiles like that ALL the time! L

{Erica} said...

Sam is such a cute boy. Seriously Bret needs a boy around. He's such a good "girl dad" but every time Sam and Landon are over he LOVES it.
ps hope he doesn't get sick...I'll feel really bad if he does...:(

How cute that he did that for FHE. You guys are such great parents...way to have FHE.

The Wilks Family said...

How fun! I love watching kids little personalities develope. They're so amazing. I remember Jake (Summers) telling me about his favorite stories from the Book of Mormon when he was a little guy. He got a little tear in his eye when he talked about Jesus. It was a very sweet and memorable testimony.

Ashton & Co. said...

Meg- I forgot to mention how cute all those things "Yammy" said were- Im so glad you share! And I am especially happy your friends made Sam happy. I will never forget when I took him down the slide when he was 1 and he didn't even smile. His face looked like he was gunna be sick from boredom. Maybe this next little guy will actually smile before he's 2!

Andrea said...

What a funny little boy that Sam is!! How cute that he said that at FHE :) I love the bike--how fun that you actually have a nice neighborhood to let him ride it around in.

So when are we having our next "pool" party hmm????

cortney and neil said...

Those are all so cute. I wish my kids with give me a sign they are getting something out of fhe. Some weeks I feel like I taught myself a picture story out of the Book of Mormon. Oh well at least I am learning something.

mary said...

Sam is so great! What a great post. I think that Sam is totally normal to either be completely angelic or completely... well, NOT angelic...

Julie said...

I love this blogging thing. I feel like I get to share some of Sammys experience with him. I love the helmet....maybe Uncle Joel could borrow it. Love you all....be safe !!