Monday, June 2, 2008

Dr. Summers


Shawn started his clinicals (he gets to actually see patients with a supervising doctor) last Thursday. He will be doing these and studying for boards which will be July 9th. He is really excited to be able to finally get some hands on learning, and I think he looks so handsome all dressed up. Except the other night at dinner Shawn commented on how wierd it would be to have people call him Dr. Summers, and I replied that I would laugh the for the first little while - its just really hard to picture myself taking Shawn serious in anything, let alone call him "Dr. Summers." Inspite of this, I am so proud of Shawn! He has done such a great job in school, and he will make a great doctor.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you don't mind, i think I'll still just call him Shawn!!! HAHA...congrats..that is great

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

hey, i'm glad to here back from you. My other blog website is nickandmarcijensenfam.blogspot. The one you looked at was my old and very 1st one i did.

{Erica} said...

YAY for clinicals...I have heard those are so much fun...well better than sitting in a classroom :).

have fun shawn!

Brigit said...

What a handsome brut! He looks nice when he gets cleaned up. We are also so proud of him. The third year is wonderful!!

I still have a hard time when Dan answers the phone as Dr. Robinson.

Ashton & Co. said...

I thought the same thing you did when I saw Dr. Summers. Isn't that what they call an old, serious, snobby old man? NOT Shawn! That is so neat though. You guys have come a long way and have a lot to be proud of. He looks smashing in his white coat!

Anonymous said...

We have a Dr. Summers in our ward he is a great doc. it must be in the name.
Looks like lots of fun and exciting things are going on. I love the mouse ears soooo cute.

cortney and neil said...

That is awesome. Do you just feel like school will never end at this point. At least now you have an end in sight right :)

Julie said...

He is the most handsome Dr. Summers I know!! I am so proud of him and how well he is doing in school. He couldn't do this well without the loving support of you, Meg!! Hurray to both of you! Love you.

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

Shawn, I have been wondering if you ever went to med school. That is so awesome. My husband just started med school a month ago. Wish we were as far a long as you are. I am a hygienist right now, love my job. Glad to see you have a cute little family and are doing what you always wanted to do.
Laura Wood Taylor www.bryanandlaurataylor.blogspot.com

Steve said...

I always knew my father would accomplish great things, congratulations!!

By the way, you are sitting for your boards on my birthday!

-E. Anderson