Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In Lieu Of .....

Because I missed the Saturday Soup and we had a GREAT weekend with my in-laws (we already miss you guys, come back!!) I'll be doing the Soup in lieu of Tidbit Tuesday today! We started off our long weekend with Easter Egg dying. We write everyone's name on at least one egg so they can go and hunt for it.Then we were able to enjoy the super nice weather on Saturday. Sam went golfing with the boys and loved it - Jack went shopping with the girls and hasn't quit talking about the "to die for shirt" I got since! We also finally put Sam and Jack's Gator together and Sam is amazingly careful and cruises around the yard with no problem. He also found the ginormous box to be a lot of fun too! Putting the Gator together turned out to be mad science as Shawn and his dad started out without the instructions at first; and then had to unscrew and re-do their work when they ran a few screws short!
Easter Sunday, the Easter Bunny braved the cold wind and hid the eggs outside - and Sam got a HUGE payoff for collecting all of his eggs. Seriously it was more like Christmas than Easter! I hope that Sam doesn't get the wrong idea about Easter - but when Grandma is in town the boys get pretty spoiled. Sam got a big boy bike called the VAPORIZER!! (and you have to say it with a really super-hero like voice for the full effect) and he loves it. He also got a cool laptop computer and Cars race track from Grandma and Grandpa. Jack got a fun helicopter toy and loved chewing on the candy carrot and basket filling! YUM!
Shawn and Jake - his not so "little" brother!

We had a yummy Easter dinner of leg of lamb, new potatoes and peas, and asparagus! We also had people come and look at the house; so that was encouraging! No one's made an offer, but at least we've had some nibbles! Thanks Kelly, Julie, and Jake for coming out - we had a great time!!!




Finally I saw this great clip on my friend Jennilyn's blog, and like her loved this talk given by Elder Holland. It really helps to put the Easter season into proper perspective. I am so grateful for the atonement and the sacrifice that was made for me. Happy Belated - Easter everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make you a loaf of bread if you make me some cinnamon rolls!!! I can't believe how big Jack is getting.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I love that they had to take the truck apart and redo it. That is so something that would happen to us.
I love Elder Holland he is such an amazing speaker.

Anonymous said...

How fun that your fam came to visit! It was so good to chat with you last night. You are such a cute mom!

Will you email me the recipe for the oreo thing you made? I have been CRAVING that today! It was so yummy!

Colette said...

Isn't that what Grandmas are supposed to do! That is funny about them not reading the instructions at first, not that the men in my life could relate or anything. Looks like you had a fun Easter. Jack is growing SO much!

Julie said...

We are homesick for you already! We sure had a great time. Loved to see you all. I am excited to see Meg and the boys in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the hospitality and all the wonderful meals. Love to you all....

Ashton & Co. said...

Love the pic of Sam when you guys are dying Easter eggs! Way fun Gator! He'll have to ride the life-size one at our house next week! YEah! I can't wait to give those boys a squeeze!! Such fun pics! I can't believe Jake is taller than Shawn! Crazy. Looks like good times. the boys are So cute!