Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday Soup

This week was just another ordinary week at the Summers' - Sam dressing up and/or changing clothes about 6 times/day; and Jack trying to be bigger than I want him to be. Jack has learned how to get into the crawling stance from his bum and will reach for anything in front of him, FACE PLANT, and then roll back over on his back. He is so funny to watch, but I'm really not ready for him to crawl - I'd love for him to be immobile for a while longer!! Jack-O is also getting pretty strong and standing unassisted on the couch and chairs (only for a few seconds and then he tumbles.) We laugh so hard at our kids crazy antics and tumbles, that sometimes I feel like we have our own private circus show. But I think that is one of the perks that comes with kids!
Sam the SuPerHeRO!!!!
Sam the Weatherman - you need your rainboots, & your pjs over top of your clothes, duh mom!

Sam is going through a stage, but my mom assures me he's just being 3 1/2. Somedays I literally want to pull my hair out, and other days I think how grateful I am for having such a sweet little boy. After some "incidents" and a lot of heated words, and the occasional and very effective SOAP in the mouth (yes, its the only thing that works for Sam!) I always pray that Sam will forgive my impatience. This parenting thing is hard!! We just finished watching the morning session of General Conference, and feasted upon some yummy cinnamon rolls! I'm so grateful to be able to hear from our prophet and apostles and recieve counsel, love and direction, especially in uncertain and sometimes stressful times! Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Amber said...

i'm so glad that my almost 4 year old is not the only one that is a tough one to handle at times! Megan i have those days ALOT where i just want to run away...haha. sounds bad but i just feel like brylee being my first child has been kind of a trial and error with the whole discipline thing. i definately have had to gain alot of patience with her and i notice that i'm more passive with Payson so then i feel bad for Brylee that i get mad at her so fast. sorry i'm rambling! Well have a good rest of the weekend;) (p.s. i love sams outfit! Brylee does the same thing with her church tights....oh the laundry never ends.)

Anonymous said...

The cinnamon rolls were delicious so thanks for bringing those and thanks to Shawn for the yummy potatoes. I think a "tea party" sounds fun - let's do it.

Elise said...

Super cute pictures of the boys! I love the superhero costume. Jack is so cute. I haven't seen him since he was tiny. I really enjoyed conference, too. I'm so jealous though. I was craving cinnamon rolls all weekend and never took the time to make them!