Friday, April 24, 2009

Saturday Soup - Early Edition

We are headed out to Idaho today!!! Yahoo! The boys and I are so excited to see our family - and I'm especially excited to be AWAY from my house while we continue to sell it. For those of you who have gone through the whole house selling process you can sympathize! I'm sick of constantly cleaning, picking up, looking around at things I should be doing to perk it up - so I'm taking a "vacation from my problems" like Bob Wiley! Here's what we've been doing this past week. Sam still loves dressing up and playing pretend - this is the updated version of "Dr. Sam" - he's included the tie because Shawn wears a tie to clinic. Very nice. Sam can be the sweetest little guy, and lately he's been very vigilant about finding me flowers (dandelions) because they are "so beautiful, mom!" Sam is also loving the warm weather and we have been taking frequent bike rides, Gator drives, and checking on our flowers and plants in the yard. Sammy also is showing his ability to tight rope walk (something he learned from Wii Fit) and practices a little too close to the flowers, but oh well! The boys got matching shirts and I tried to take pictures of them together - well I'll just let the pictures do the talking! Jack has become a steam roller and just rolls and rolls around the room - I captured one of these sessions on film, and it took him about 2 minutes to get to the door and 1 second for Sam to ruin all of his hard work! He continues to amaze me at how HAPPY he is! Always, I mean really he doesn't cry unless hungry or tired - and even that is only a whimper. He loves to eat, but doesn't like to eat his baby food anymore - he wants the real stuff!! I can't say I blame him. He loves to "drink" water too! Here is what I found a few days ago. With a little help from brother Sam, Jack had his own kiddy pool to play in!! Nice huh?

We'll be taking a break from blogging for a bit - but we'll be back in a few weeks... until then Happy Friday, Cinco de Mayo, and so forth!!

2 comments:

Freeman Family said...

I too have a glass full of "the most beautiful flowers" The video of Jack made me laugh but the best part was Sam in the background saying he needed to change his clothes because he got wet...this is so a Carter move! They are too alike! Have a great trip! We miss you already!

kim said...

I am so jealous! I wish i was going to Idaho tomorrow. I miss family. But that makes it that much more exciting when you do get to see them. My kids get ecstatic when we actually get to go to Idaho to see grandma potter and grandpa bob. That is so fun. I do get to go to Idaho with out the kids in May for Annie Siddoways wedding. that will be great fun. Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!