Monday, October 4, 2010

Summers' Schenanigans

Conference Weekend always brings about two things: #1) great, inspirational and much needed guidance and direction from prophets of God. #2) Cinnamon Rolls - these are tradition in the Hill household and have carried over to ours, it just makes the messages that much sweeter.

Jack sported a new look this week - I think it will catch on. DOn't you love those nice legs? Is it me or has he just all of sudden "grown up" in the last month, he's officially not a toddler anymore - he's a BOY!
My life has come full circle - Sam created a "mom trap". He loves to make traps for bad guys who might be lurking around, but he decided to put his mastermind to greater use, getting mom. I say that my life has come full circle because my little brother J.D. and I use to do this to my mom too. Sam even drew up plans for the trap. Here are the plans: Here is the victim: Here is the trap: Here is SUCCESS!


Sam had some friends over on Saturday and they decided to put our little hill in the backyard to good use, using the wagon, kiddie-car, and tricycle as sleds. I have to admit it looks pretty fun!
We also took advantage of a more leisure-like weekend and drove to New Paltz (about 20 min. south of us) to the Mohonk Preserve and checked out the rock cliffs and changing fall colors. We are just under "peak" for fall foliage, and it is already amazing. We got out and watched some rock climbers scaling the rocks. We also attempted a Family Picture, using the timer on the camera and our ladder as a tripod. Here's the best we could do, not too shabby. I had to post this picture of the boys, ladies eat your hearts out!

4 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Oh i Love your posts! My favorite is the mommy trap and the "success" picture. That made me laugh! The pic of Shawn and Lyv is SOOOOO cute. I love that little face...oh and Lyv is pretty cute, too. ;) Okay ,the last one of Shawn is my fave. How do you ever resist Meg? The boys are growing up...such cute kids and great pics. Keep 'em coming! Tess also already spent her G.C. at Target (I don't know if Shawn told you...) She bought squinkies with it. Thanks!! She loved it!!

Jennilyn said...

I sure did miss your cinnamon rolls!!! That family picture is so cute. That hat on Lyv is adorable too.Talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

Yum, (no joke) I thought about your cinnamon rolls on conference! Your family picture is darn cute. And tell Jack that I've been sportin that look for years :)

Beth Willmore said...

Ok those cinnamon rolls made my mouth water and I had Jared go to Great Harvest and buy me one on Monday! Powers of persuasion! I also LOVE Jack's cowboy boot with no pants - that's how it should always be!