Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summers' Schenanigans

We made a trip to the Hudson Pedestrian bridge this past week and enjoy a super cool walk across the Hudson River. This bridge was full of people walking, biking, pushing strollers, etc. and had a lot of neat signs talking about the bridge's construction and local wildlife. All the kids had a great time and I have to say that once you see a river like the Hudson river - you'll never look at what I use to consider "rivers" the same. It is HUGE!The pedestrian walkway was built using the original bridges trusses - it is amazing how they created those over 100 years ago, without all our modern technology.I loved this picture of Sam and the flag - aren't we so blessed to live in America?Jack recieved this aquadoodle from our dear friends the Freeman's!! He loved it, and it is great because isn't messy - thanks so much. He is such the artist, and really enjoys coloring, and does it in some form everyday.
My kids have the best grandparents EVER! who are always sending them lots of love and lots of thoughtful treats, packages, giftcards, etc. Here is some of the sweetness that we've recieved: Jack carted these treats from Grandma Julianne around all morning until I let him break into them after lunch.Here is another super cute addition to her wardrobe - the tutu leggings! Thank you Grandma Julie!! They are so cute on her chubby fat bum and thighs, I'm going to use it as part of her Halloween costume, so I justified the getting them!

Lyv has made met some noteworthy milestones - She is sitting. Yes this is long in coming, but since our flooring is nearly all wood floor, I've hesitated to put her down on the floor like I did with the boys, she is always in a bouncer, swing or exersaucer. She sat like a pro though. She has also decided that eating cereal is not so bad recently so hopefully she'll be able to sleep a little better through the night. I honestly think she just likes to know that we are still there, not that she is hungry, but she would be with me at all times, all day. Napping is still hit and miss with her, the poor thing! This is mainly my fault since we go and do things a lot of times interrupting her naps. Today she struggled getting to sleep and finally I resorted to putting her in the swing and she was soooooo wiped out. I went upstairs and found her like this five minutes later. Finally a note about Sam - he impresses me so much each day. He loves, loves, loves to learn - and preschool is really a fun thing with him. He makes it easy to teach because he likes learning about everything. I can't believe how old he is, and how much he knows, and I'm grateful to have one more year with him. I'm sure I'll miss him a thousand times more than he'll miss me. He was able to go camping with Shawn and the scouts last Friday and had a great time. He loved being able to spend time with just Shawn, which he doesn't get to do very often anymore. It was a great boys night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me miss our old home "sniff sniff." I bought Lyv load of baby food for WHEN you come to visit! I'm keeping my hopes up, so don't dash them to pieces.

Ashton & Co. said...

I love all the craft ideas down below...keep posting those teacher! I need some new ideas! And all the pics of the kids are so cute. That bridge looks so cool. I can't believe Lyv is already sitting, pretty soon she is going to be running! And where did your friends get that aquadoodle? I want one for Keaton- he would love that!!! Did you ever get my package I sent him for his b-day BTW? I hope! :) I sent it a week late...Love you guys!

Mandi said...

I really want to pinch your babies fat little arms in that picture of her in the swing. Oh my gosh she is so cute!