Monday, October 17, 2011

A visit from the Tooth Fairy


Sam lost his first tooth Saturday! This has been a long awaited event. For over a week he's been pulling on, wiggling, and playing with this tooth (driving me crazy!) and so we are all happy that is finally out. He was thrilled and put it right under his pillow anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy's exchange. He woke me up at 6:30 the next morning showing me the crisp dollar bill that was left under his pillow.


This marks yet another passage out of childhood for him. He's getting too big too fast. He's starting now to question the reality of things like the tooth fairy. He told his class at church about his tooth and the money and some of them believe and others don't. So as we drove back he asked me if I had put the money under his pillow. I honestly responded no - I had fallen asleep and totally forgot about the tooth. Luckily there are two of us and one of may or may not have done something like that! I want him to continue to believe, especially in things that are silly like that.

A parting shot that I couldn't resist posting: Jack ever the dare-devil decided to try out the rollerskates. I put on all possible padding know that the inevitable would happen. He did last longer that I expected and I was laughing so hard at his outfit that I wasn't able to catch him when he did finally bite the dust. He landed right on his bum, hard enough to make him cry for a second. Lyv thought the knee pads were cool and she had to wear them too.

2 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Oh Carter will be so jealous! He has the same loose tooth that Sam lost! It is hanging by a thread and we will all be glad when it comes out! It makes me sad to think his perfect little baby teeth will soon be replaced with a snaggle mouth of big teeth. Where have our babies gone? Sniff sniff!

Julie said...

Sammy, I can't believe you have lost your first tooth. Glad the tooth fairy found you. Sure miss you all. Hopefully we will see you soon. February sounds like such fun. I can hardly wait to have the whole family together. Love to all!!