Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Royally Magical Princess Party

To be completely honest, I've been dreaming of this day my entire life!  I was so excited that Lyv had finally become interested in Princess, and requested a Princess Party for her 3rd birthday.  This party was by far, the most fun to plan, prepare for, and put on because of my sweet Princess Lyv.  Everything we would make or item we would buy, she would ask, "Are these for my party?" and exclaim, "So pretty!" or "Can I hold it?"  It made all of the preparation worth it.  

It was a great party, with her closest princess friends.  These girls are absolutely adorable.  They are truly dear friends - they see each other and they instantly start complimenting each other on their clothing or hair.  They love to hold hands, and to play dress up.  They have been wonderful for Lyv, who is surrounded by her often unruly brothers.  She is going to really miss "her girls" when we leave here.

 I picked up helium balloons the night before and by morning they were laying on the ground...bummer!  So I ended up taping them on to the wall and curtains.  The window had letters that said, "Once Upon a Dream."
 The party favors were another fun item for Lyv and I.  She helped me pick out the material for the pillow cases and we made a tag that said, "Thanks for making my birthday a dream come true."  We also took the wand idea and made them out of glow sticks so they would be a little more magical at night.

 For activities we made beaded bracelets, small jewelry boxes decorated with stickers for their bracelet to go in, and colored a princess coloring page.  The girls would have strung beads for hours.  They loved all the pretty beads.


 We had a tea party, and it was a big success.  The strawberry lemonade being the show stopper.  Lyv's cake was super easy, and another fun thing she helped me make.  She really thought everything was beautiful and magical - and it made this such a fun day.

I love this picture - because Marlo is touching up Lyv's hair just before her close up.  What a good friend!  Lyv received so many fun gifts and was completely spoiled.  Again I just love how these girls hover around each other, oohing and awing, it was precious.


 After her friends left, we gave Lyv some gifts from us - her favorite were the princess figurines.  They have been a great addition to Princess paraphernalia.

I couldn't resist ending with this shot.  This really captures Lyv's personality without a single word:

3 comments:

Mandi said...

your princess is precious! I wanted to comment on your post about jack; I know exactly what you are feeling and while I feel like Hagen is so "normal" I see little things that I know aren't quite right. I spent months in denial.I didn't want to read or learn about his condition. To me ignorance was bliss. If I didn't know all the "what ifs" he was normal to me. I don't want him labeled; especially among his peers. I never want him to use his weakness as a crutch to be lazy or for self pity. However once I finally came to the realization that this was our reality, ignorance was no longer blissful and knowledge was power! I know I sound dramatic and that his vision problem really isn'tthat big of a deal but to a mom it is. I finally got to the point that no matter if it "labels" him or not I will provide this boy of mine that I love with any help and or therapy that there is for him. Let others provide their professional help and teach him to be confindent and capable at home. That is my new motto!

Freeman Family said...

Awesome job on the party mom! It was perfect! Wish we could have been there to experience all the magic! Can't believe the last time we saw her she was just weeks old, now she is a big three year old! LOVE the last picture of her, this reminds me of another little girl I know!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

She is such a cutie!!! And what a fun mom you are!! I just love watching how your family grows.