Friday, February 20, 2009

Saturday Soup

Holy ear infection Batman! Both boys have now been diagnosed with ear infections. While Jack handled his medicine great, Sam REFUSED to take it. Picture this: Two grown ups v. one 3 year old - one grown up is sitting on top of the 3 year old and holding down his arms and his head, the other is trying to pry his mouth open and pour the medicine down his throat! Just as the grown-ups think they've done it, the 3 year old starts to spit the medicine out, so the grown ups try to force him to swallow, which only makes him throw up!! NICE huh? Well that was the scene at our house for 1 1/2 days. We finally called a doctor and he told us to just mix it in chocolate milk! That's it! After all that effort, we could have just mixed it in milk. You should have seen Sam's face when we told him the doctor said he could drink chocolate milk instead of take medicine - pure RELIEF! Jack has been "leaning" a lot and I can't help but laugh when I see him like this. He can turn around in the saucer, but its like he just knows how much cooler he looks leaning way back

Other than that, both boys have been cooped up with me in the house for the week, and we're all getting sick of it. We did go to storytime at the Waukee Library! Did I ever mention how much I love the Waukee Library. They did Clifford books and made Clifford hats - Sam has been a dog intermittently for the past three days. Thank you Miss Erin for making storytime the BOMB.
Tonight Shawn and I are going to a school dance, and I'm so excited to go. We both need to do something fun (Shawn's been at a Master's class for 12 hours), not that Shawn will do much rump shaking, but I'll do enough for the both of us. We hope you all had a great week and are hoping that next week brings health and warmer weather!

6 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Hey Megan, we made it safe here in California, after missing our second connecting flight, being rerouted and then loosing our luggage we made it here!!! Good news is we got our luggage and we are here in Sunny California having a blast! Hope you and Shawn have a blast tonight and do some booty shakin' for me too! I wish we could have gone with you guys. You are going to look HOT. Have fun.

Amber said...

i'm sorry your boys have been sick! That is so hard, especially when your cooped up in the house all day. I'm getting spring fever SO bad! my kids are going stir crazy, so we took them to Jackson today to get them out and it was so worth it! I hope your kids get better though!

Ashton & Co. said...

I hope the boys get better soon! Cute pics of The leaning saucer boy and the cutest Clifford I have ever seen! Hope you guys were able to tootsie roll or something fun at your boogie! Good times! Gotta love cold and flu season! Love ya!

Nicolette said...

Shake what your mamma gave you (just a new expression I mad up :)! Sorry the boys are sick, it stinks to be cooped up and not felling good. But alas, Spring is on the way!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we got to hang out last night and get our groove on. SHAWN - I am thoroughly impressed and you are the bomb for influencing Joseph. You guys ROCK!

Jilene said...

Eli has an ear infection too! Must be that time of year. I have loved your tid-bit tuesday posts. They have such good ideas. I'm in need of fun ideas for young womens since I just was put in as 2nd counselor--so I'll be checking in frequently. :)