Friday, February 27, 2009

Tidbit Tuesday

#1: Gospel ABC Book:
My mom made these for all of my siblings for Christmas one year, and I love it. It is one of the best quite books for church and Sam really likes it because it has pictures of him and Jack, as well as our families. If anyone is interested in these, let me know and I can email you the list A-Z. The corresponding pictures are super easy to find, and my mom put ours in a 4x6 photo album.











#2: Meatless Meals: In these tough economic times, spending less is always something I have on my mind. When it comes to cutting my food budget cutting out the meat is the best way. Our favorite is Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese Here's the recipe!
16 oz. elbow macaroni (cooked and drained)
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup milk
2 eggs
½ cube of butter melted
1 can cheddar cheese soup
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
Mix the evaporated milk, milk, eggs, butter, & cheese soup together in a crock-pot. Add cooked macaroni. Top with cheddar and parmesan cheese. Cook in the crock-pot on low for at least 2 hours.
PLEASE- Give me some of your favorite Meatless Meals!


#3: FOR SALE - The sign in the ground makes it so real! We are selling our house in preparation for Shawn's 4th year rotations, and are so sad to go. We have had the greatest experience here, we love our house, we love our neighbors and friends, we love our ward, and we love Waukee. As excited as I am about being closer to family, it literally brings tears to my eyes and an ache to my heart to sell our house. Sam has been really confused about what "selling" implies! He was so sad because he thought it meant we were leaving his toys, clothes, etc. No wonder he broke down everytime I mentioned it! I have reassured him that all of his belongings are coming with us.... we just hope whoever is lucky enough to get our house will love it as much as we have!

9 comments:

Colette said...

I would love an A-Z list coldav1@msn.com. Thanks again for your fun Tuesday Tidbits!

Julie said...

Meatless meal for Shawn....I can't believe it!! I thought he loved meat as much as he loves his ranch dressing on everything...( haha) Soup is always a good way to make a meal without meat. Potato Soup...Corn Chowder...let me know if you need recipes. If all else fails try meatless stew...Shawns favorite!

Amber said...

i am so excited to try that recipe!! yummo!! thanks for that and the tidbits, it's so fun! i will think of a recipe i can share with ya;)
(and i am SO excited to have you closer!!!)

Anonymous said...

I would love the a-z list l.phippen@mchsi.com. I am in the same boat for meatless meals. I am always looking for options that are good and my BOYS will eat. I bet they will love the mac n cheese. I'm so glad you do this Tuesday tidbit they are fun to read. I'm sad you guys are moving but I wish you the best in getting it sold!

Freeman Family said...

I can't even begin to tell you how sad we are that your house is officially for sale. I will secretly pray nobody buys it so you have to stay here FOREVER! :) We love your mac and cheese recipe!

Elise said...

I love the book! That is so cool! You guys will definitely be missed. Jason came home the other day from hometeaching you guys and was really talking up your house. He thinks we should buy. It could be a possibility:)

Team Harris said...

I have been wanting to make one of those books and would love to get the list from you.
We like eggplant Parmesan. You can use any recipe.

Shane and Jill said...

So sad that you guys are leaving so soon! I bet the time has flown by for you though! Pretty soon we will be in the same place....saying goodbye to the midwest! I am actually excited for that day...I can't wait to get back to family and the west coast! Seriously...let me know if you need help packing or anything....I have been home a lot more lately.

allison said...

I would love the A-Z list
allispjut@yahoo.com

It is sad that you guys are going to be leaving. But I hope your house sells soon (I wish I could buy it and if I knew we where staying I would.).