Friday, February 20, 2009

Tidbit Tuesday

1. Dancing Queen & King! Oh, yes the picture is proof that Shawn did infact hit the dance floor and with a bang! I was able to coax him out there after a big plate of yummy dessert and a couple glasses of punch (virgin of a course!)
We had a great time at the Gala and I love Shawn even more because he really put himself out there so I could cut FOOTLOOSE!

This picture totally cracked me up. This is our friend Joe, whose wife was taking our picture and I can't believe how tall he looks in this, and how short Shawn and I look. We had such a great time!


2. Your Name Dictates Your Job - this is hilarious! Shawn's friend at school has this name calculator and it is so funny. Here's the jobs that our names matched with:

Shawn Summers - Circus Freak
Megan Hill - Prime Minister
Megan Summers - Supermodel



When Shawn was telling me about this the conversation went like this: Shawn: "Megan Summers was a supermodel, but Megan Hill was perfect! It was like a ..., a... something important and smart."

Megan: "Oh, I see the supermodel isn't perfect, I'm more like a librarian."

Nice - Shawn was back peddling like crazy, but after I saw the prime minister I have to agree, that is a much better fit for me, I'm going to be the next Tony Blair.

If you want to now your profession as determined by your name leave a comment and I'll post the list on the Saturday Soup on the blog!

3. Carrot Cake Recipe - from the Summers Family Cookbook! (as requested by my sister Steph.) This is a great recipe and wonderful if you need a dessert to serve a large group (or you like alot of leftovers, like us!)
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 small jars of carrot baby food
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
Mix in order. Pour in greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup butter
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
Powdered sugar - add to desired consistency. Oh, SO GOOD!!






4. Cranium Hullabaloo - the funnest game ever! Love it. Its great for kids of all ages, and a learning game that requires action!! Its nice because its hands off, you don't have little pieces or cards to worry about, and its something I actually like to play with Sam! We especially love to do a "funky dance" when we are the winners!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dance looks like a blast. That name thing is great I definitely agree. You do look like a supermodel.
We have that game we love it still.However Alyssa is starting to throw a bit of a fit when its the game of choice every time we play one. The DVD version of it is also tons of fun.
I'll have to try the cake recipe baby food carrots would be much easier then grating them is.
I LOVE the puppy dog thing. On the post below that cracks me up. I am always wanting to go to story time but its Ashlynns nap time and that seems to take priority.
No I'm not writing you a book I'll wrap it up. Have a great day!

Shane and Jill said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the Gala. If I would have known about it sooner, Shane and I might have gone....that is my hubby for ya tho, lol!

Adrianne said...

How fun! Glad you guys were able to get out there and hit the dance floor. You're boys are so cute! And I love the TMNT as Samuel the Lamanite. That's awesome!

My Everythings said...

You look so cute! I miss dancing. Shawn still has lots of hair! I am going to tell him that you think he is bald. I don't think he will be very happy with you. :)

Julie said...

What a good looking picture of you two!! I am so proud of Shawn dancing....Kelly quit when he gave up the party scene....many years ago. Looks like a good time. Boy that is one tall dude! I wish my family would have gotten some of his growth hormone! I am headed to Boise tomorrow, to see my Dad. I will call you this weekend. Love to all...kiss those sweet boys for me!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures from the dance! You look so pretty... no wonder you had two dates!