Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tidbit Tuesday

The temptation already is to post everything all at once, but I'm telling myself this is a marathon not a sprint. Please, please when you are reading this use this to give me ideas too. I'm doing this to get ideas more than just posting my own.

Tidbit #1: Scrapbooking Solution! Yea! I'm really excited about this one, and it might not be a new idea to many of you but I'm so glad I found it. Since having Jack I've been struggling to keep up with my scrapbooking. Mind you - I'm not a fancy scrapbooker anyway. What I found was a 12x12 photo sheet that can hold six 4x6 pics (Pocket Pages at Archiver's) and then you can either do a few really cute regular 12x12 pages and then just slide your other 4x6's into the other pages, or you can do the story behind the photos on a 4x6 notecard and slip it in next to the pictures. This is great because I can keep up with Sam's pictures and still spend time doing Jack's baby scrapbook (which I'll do until he is the ripe old age of 2) then he'll be converted over to the same process! click on the image to make it larger

Tidbit#2: Basic Food Group Salad. YUM! My friend Marta had this super great recipe and lately I've been longing for spring time and salad = spring to me. Here's the recipe. It is healthy, colorful, delicious, and makes a lot and would be great for parties, showers, potlucks, etc. I'm making this tomorrow and will add a picture then.
Basic Food Group Salad
12 oz bow tie pasta
6 oz tri-colored pasta
4-5 cooked and cubed chicken breast
3 green onions chopped
1 ½ cups chopped celery
1 can water chestnuts chopped
1 cup pineapple tidbits
2 small cans mandarin oranges
1 cup green grapes
1 cup red grapes
½ pkg craisins
Mix all above together with equal amounts of ranch dressing and coleslaw dressing.
What are your favorite spring time salad recipes?

Tidbit #3: Lately I've been thinking about love and at church this week, the Relief Society lesson was on seeing God in our lives. It reminded me of an experience that helped reaffirm God's love for me. I had been married for 1 1/2 years and I was golfing with Shawn and my dad. My wedding ring kept rubbing against the clubs, so rather than get a blister I took it off, and put it into my pants pocket. About 10 minutes later, I reached into my pocket and there was no ring! That's right - NO RING!!! AHHHHH!! You can imagine the panic I felt. We spent the rest of the afternoon looking for the ring, but had no luck. I went home feeling literally crushed, I was so sad. My nephew Carson promised me though that if we prayed we'd be able to find it. I took his advice and poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father. The next morning we rented two metal detectors and started from hole 1 and walked the course. We still came up empty handed. I decided to go back one more time to the last hole I remembered having it. We looked all around and nothing, as I turned to walk off the course I saw a little glint of something in the dirt. THere was no way it could be it right? I walked over to it and sure enough there it was - good as new! I found my needle in a huge 9 hole course haystack! At that moment I new that even though finding my ring was trivial and insignificant in the whole realm of things, that God does knows me, He is concerned about small and large things in my life, and that He answers prayers. I am so grateful for that experience and the many more that I've had in my life that testify of a loving Father in Heaven. Happy Tuesday everyone.

5 comments:

My Everythings said...

I'm so excited about your Tidbit Tuesdays! :)
I have been officially converted to digital scrapbooking, but then again I never really LOVED scrapbooking the way you do so it might not be for you.
There are lots of programs you can buy, but I just use the free ones on snapfish.com and shutterfly.com
There is no mess and they look really professional.

{Erica} said...

I really like your Tuesday idea! That salad sounds yummy and that story is A.MAZING!! Made me smile today...

Freeman Family said...

I love Tuesday Tidbits! The salad looks super yummy! I am also impressed you are finding time to blog twice a week! I can't wait to see what next Tuesday brings! Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. You are such a neat person. The salad sounds so delicious and I am so Happy you found your ring.

Jennilyn said...

Megs, you are the best! I love that story and I laugh every time I hear it! I am excited to read your Tuesday Tidbits! I need all the help I can get. Love ya