Friday, March 13, 2009

Saturday Soup - Early Bird Portion

Sam's best friend, Carter, is our backyard neighbor. These two literally wait for each other to make an appearance, and then they are both outside running around and having all sorts of funny "deep talks". This first started when we moved here two 1/2 years ago, they would pass each other bits of grass and talk about pb&j sandwiches. As you can see not much has changed, only their grass has turned to baseball bats, and their conversation is a lot louder and a little more in depth. We love Carter and Sam will be so sad when he won't have his fellow fence chaser to hang out with!























Jack got another tooth! His right top front tooth, and the left one is quickly following. We have also been working on getting him on a nap schedule (I know, I know, I should have done this from the beginning, but I didn't!) Luckily he has taken to it pretty well and I think that it is helping him and me:)



















Sam filled out all of his stickers on his chart and he requested ROLLERSKATES! Lightning McQueen ones of course. Sorry for the motion picture, but he hasn't gotten his rollerskating skills perfected yet! This is so funny to me, but I love that he likes random, off the beaten path things.
Both boys got a haircut this past week, Sam's is a little more obvious. Jack got a little trim to even out the 20+ visible strands of hair he has. The cold temps continue to hang on and the boys were pretty bored.






2 Hampers quickly turned into 2 Pirate Ships - Arrrrgh.... We're off to Minneapolis for the weekend to escape the cold in the Mall of America and an indoor swimming resort! We can't wait. Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Erin King said...

I can't get over how round Jack's face is! It's like a perfect circle! He looks like the happiest little guy. They are both so cute. I wish they could play with our little men!

Amber said...

That is so cute how sam talks to his friend through the fence! I wish we had a fenced backyard....someday! And that is so funny that Sam wanted rolletskates cuz Brylee has been asking for some lately too. I told her for her birthday but that list is getting huge so we're gonna have to shorten it;) have fun at the Mall of America!!!

Cassie said...

wow Hallie still doesn't have any teeth! I want to go somewhere! I have been trying to talk Mitch into going to mall of america but I am not sure I can make it happen :( Hope you have a great time!

Biorn Family Blog said...

Your posts are so much fun to read! You are too cute. Send me your email address and I will send you an invite to our blog! camillemcbiorn@q.com

suds2004 said...

I love reading about the things you and your boys are doing. I can't believe how big Jake looks, and those teeth! I am also amazed that he can sit up. Sam is as cute as ever!

Rindee

Freeman Family said...

Ohhh..thank you for posting the cute pics of Sam and Carter. I can't believe how much they have grown from the first picture!Hard to believe that was 2 1/2 years ago! The first thing Carter does when he gets home from school is look out the patio window to see if Sam is outside and then gives us a report. He is always bummed if Sam isn't outside. I have been slowly preparing him for the day when Sam won't be outside..:( I would love to hear what they are talking about out there! We love Sam too ( and Jack too of course) which you could stay so Claire and Jack could talk at the fence! Hope you had a great weekend away!