Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TidBit Tuesday

#1: Green Decorations: Okay, okay enough of the vinyl letter signs already! Hey, they are super easy and a super great way to decorate for any and all holidays! I get my vinyl from http://www.iasign.com/

#2: Green Food:
Roasted Asparagus
Trim asparagus, and lay in a cookie sheet pan. Coat with olive oil and aggressively season with salt and pepper. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes, tossing after the first 10 minutes.

Brocolli Grape Salad
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup red grapes (Substitute Green grapes for the Holiday)
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup diced celery
8 slices crisp bacon, crumbled

Mix and add the following dressing:
1 cup mayo
1/3 sugar
2 tsp vinegar

*Also can add red onion, sunflower seeds, and grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese.

Green Eggs and Ham à la Sam-I-Am (from http://www.suessville.com/)
1-2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
4 slices of ham
8 eggs
2 tablespoons of milk
1-2 drops of green food coloring
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper

1. With an adult's help, melt a teaspoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add sliced ham and brown until edges are slightly crisp. Remove the ham from the pan, cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Beat with a whisk until frothy. Then add 1-2 drops of green food coloring until you reach the desired shade of green.
3. With an adult's help, heat a tablespoon of butter or margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat until the butter begins to sizzle. Then add the egg mixture to the pan.
4. Stir the egg mixture with a spatula until the eggs are firm and not too runny.
5. Transfer the eggs to individual plates. Garnish with a sprig of parsley. Add the ham prepared earlier. Serve with toast or warm rolls.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone! Don't get pinched!!!

Mascara Giveaway - Okay not really a giveaway, but I can't use these anymore and they've never been used or opened, and I'm just seeing if anyone would want them before they go in the trash. Why is this? I had been battling a bad case of constant raccoon eyes for over a year, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally my sister told me she had the same problem and her solution was Covergirl. It turns out my eyelashes are only "compatible" with certain mascaras, and these aren't them - I'm a Covergirl, its for sure not Maybelline or Kirkland brand! Wierd I know... I have 2 Maybelline Great Lash Mascaras (very black) and 1 Kirkland Signature Lash Defining Mascara (black)...... let me know if you want them!


4 comments:

Colette said...

Fun things and I love the recipes.

Colette said...

Me again. Okay, Megan you haven't met me yet but I'm loving your Tuesday Tidbits so I nominated you for a little Blog Award. You'll have to go to my blog to check it out. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited you put that link. I have been wondering where to find someone to do a few sayings for me. Thank you for the info.
I love that broccoli salad but my recipe is different I'll have to try that one it sounds very good.

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun post. I'm glad colette found you! :) So many fun ideas. I like Maybeline mascara, no need to send it, just come on over :( (I wish). Take care- love ya!