Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Soup

Things are growing here at the Summers' - Jack is growing, the daffidols are growing, my realization how out of shape I am is growing, & the love between the two boys is growing. Now for the explanation:
Jack had his 6 month check-up (a little late) he was 18 lbs.(75%) & 26 1/2 inches (50%). The doctor kept on emphasizing how fat he was and how he could stand to miss a few meals. Everything else was great! He is eating all sorts of yummy baby food - he gags down his peas, but really would prefer to eat steak and potatoes! He has also recently discovered his tongue. He must like the way it feels against his teeth and has been sticking it out on a regular basis.

I planted daffodil bulbs last fall in hopes that they would grow. Sam had other plans and turned by flower garden into his construction's dig site, so my hopes for them actually growing was dashed. However, the little buggers have withstood the test of time and some (not all) are starting to shoot through the ground!!

My sister Katie (NUTS - yes, nuts is a running machine! and a good one at that) asked me to run the Wasatch Back relay (156 miles from Logan to Park City, UT) assuring me it would be really fun, since you run it in legs with 12 other people. I said yes - and after about a week of trying to "run" (the parenthesis are necessary b/c if anyone were to see me "running" they'd pull off the road in a fit of laughter) I have realized how out of shape I am. My lungs are burning, my legs are burning, my ears ache, my butt aches, basically its not pretty! Hopefully my body will start to recall the good old days of prime fitness sooner than later...
My boys have become buddies. Who wouldn't want a buddy that is the perfect size of cargo for your John Deere pedal tractor? Jack is the perfect size and Sam loves carting him to and fro. They also like to swing together and Jack just adores about anything Sam does. There is one thing that I found he doesn't like - when Sam growls (which is frequent). This makes Jack cry, and Sam growl even more! We hope you are having a great week - its snowing right now! Spring where did you go?? Sam has learned to turn his frown upside down and loves it!!

5 comments:

Jennilyn said...

That picture of Jack in the back of the tractor is priceless!!! Super cute kids. See ya tonight

Janelle said...

Cute boys you have! Glad it's springtime there!

Nicolette said...

That relay run actally does sound fun. But I know what you mean about the old body forgetting the good old athletic days...what happens??? You're still one sexy beast and I'm sure your running looks a lot better than my waddling right now:)

Nick and Brent said...

Can I say how much I love your blog? You always have such fun info, I never get tired of it. And I think Jack is perfectly cute as chubby as he is. I'd personally rather have a chubby baby than a skinny one! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the second picture of Jack.. seriously adorable little chubbiness! I could kiss him to pieces. Thanks for the scone recipe... sounds yummy and hopefully that is the bread recipe you gave me from St. Patrick's Day because that was good. See you Sunday morning... with cinnamon rolls???