Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TidBit Tuesday

#1: Drive In Movie! This is such a fun idea, and one that I did when I was in Primary, so you know it has to be good if I remember it!
You get cardboard boxes and convert them into a car. We did really simple ones for date night last month, just gluing on wheels and headlights, making personalized license plates and using pipe cleaners to make a steering wheel. When I did this for primary as a child we spray painted our cars and cut the boxes to make doors and the whole nine yards. Pop some popcorn and park them infront of the TV!


#2: Books with C/D for Kids. Sam LOVES these! We have Limu the Blue Turtle and he listens to it all of the time in the car, and if I need him to just sit still for 10 minutes, these are awesome. You can get a pretty good selection from the library as well, and they are great for your kids.


#3: Modest Swimming Suits! Yes you heard me - I found this AWESOME site that sells the cutest tankinis and one-pieces, and better yet the bottoms are modest as well. I have had a battle for the past 5 years to find a swimsuit that wasn't cut so low that even if I didn't have cleavage, I did (you know what I mean). These suits are super cute and cut to cover!! Hurray!

7 comments:

Colette said...

I LOVE the drive in idea. I think we might have to try that one out. My boys would have loved that, ten years ago, but I know Harleigh will and I'll bet they'd help her and a friend make cars. Thanks for the swimsuit link. Their prices are even reasonable.

Anonymous said...

I love the drive in idea so fun. Your other post made me laugh you have such a great sense of humor. Looks like you had a great spring break. I love the bears in underwear. Great posts.

Biorn Family Blog said...

Megan, what is the address of the swimsuit site?

{Erica} said...

LOVE those swimsuits.
Books on CD rock.
I laughed when I saw the drive-inn pics...sooo funny. Ididn't know you guys did that with the "cars". How cool!

Julie said...

What a fun idea! We are sure anxious o see you in a few weeks. Love to you all....

Anonymous said...

The drive in idea is awesome! They are such cute kids.

I am LOVING the swimsuits! So cute!

Nicolette said...

I want to have a drive-in movie like that, and I'm an adult! I bet those kids had a blast; you're such a creative mom!