Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Soup


Sunshine - blessed Sunshine!! Oh yeah babe, we enjoyed the BEST Thursday of the year. We had temps in the 70's, a trip to the zoo and park, and the best part...... Shawn was able to soak it all up with us. (This is a rare event as of late!) At the park Sam enjoyed fishing (poking the water with a stick) and scaling the rock wall. I have to say I was super impressed with his mad climbing skills. He seems to have a natural ability to navigate up the wall. We have also been trying to help Sam brave water a little more and so we got him some goggles. He was really excited about them, even wanted to put his swimsuit on in the bathtub and everything, but when it came time to put his face in, he wouldn't do it. Oh, well... the googles were still really cute! Jack is a Mamma's Boy! This is a both a joy and a pain, especially at night. We're trying to get him to only wake up 1 time at night, so Shawn's been making the stoic attempt to rock him back to sleep at night. Lets just say after 20 minutes of hearing Jack cry I go into the room, and he quiets down within 5 minutes and I'm able to rock him to sleep. Part of me LOVES this, the other part is crying for more sleep and wondering why he won't be more cooperative for his daddy! We've given him carrots, green beans, and sweet potatoes so far. Jack has really taken to eating. The initial feeding is always so funny because he gives us the nastiest face! But he really would prefer to eat table food... and I'm bad because I give in to his little whines for a taste (don't tell my doctor!) Have a Happy Saturday and we hope that you had at least one SUNNY day this week. Right now I hear the buzz of the clippers, next week Sam will probably have no hair, how sad:(

4 comments:

Brigit said...

Super cute pics! I love spring weather! Shawn looks so cute going down that slide!!

I can't believe that Jack is old enough to eat baby food!! He is such a cutie pie!! Tell Sam that we love his goggles!!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

Im wishing we could be at that point with the weather. I can't wait to get out to the park or anything......anyways the last post of your with the gospel ABC book...i think is a great idea and would really like the info on it.....my email is marcijensen@live.com... so maybe you could email me that...thanks a ton......i really enjoy all your fun activities and ideas.

Ashton & Co. said...

Love all the pics! Looks like spring...it snowed here (again) today! AAAHHHH! Love the goggles. Quite being such a good mom so your boys don't like you so much!:)

Nicolette said...

I swear last week you said it was snowing! That mother nature likes to play her tricks. When are you guys moving?