Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TidBit Tuesday

#1: I married an Artist! That's right Shawn is an artist. He got his degree in Visual Arts at BYU and he has done some amazing work. Here are three examples of some of his work, but there are about 8 others he has done for our families. He is SOOOOOO Talented! Sometimes to a fault.... it really is no fun to try to draw things for Sam, when Shawn will come home and redo my interpretation so well that it makes mine look like a 3 year old drawing.
Pencil Drawing of Me and Sam Stained Glass of Sam's Name
Oil of random old man!


#2: The Cousin Encyclopedia! Again my very creative family came up with this idea that we all love. It is a spiral bound book of Sam and Jack and all their cousins. My sister in law, Lisa, had each child answer 20 questions of favorites, likes, etc., and had us all send a current picture of them, and then they put it together from youngest to oldest and wholla... a book that we are always looking at! It is especially fun because we are so far away that the boys can remember their cousins better.
#3: Baby "play" Blanket: Nathalie close your eyes if you're looking at this... this one is coming to Rogan. My friend at church had one of these that she had made for her baby and I thought what a great idea. So here's what you need:
1/2 yard of 2 pieces of fabric (it will make three - I used a couple pieces of different soft fabric in this one, just because I like to break up the the pattern and use different textured cloth.)
1-3 spools of 1 inch matching ribbon.
I sewed it like a pillow and then flipped the material inside out and then sewed the rest up by hand.... sorry Nath, I'm not the greatest hand sewer. It was really fun and easy - it has to be easy for me to be able to sew it together!

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

Wow VERY impressive Shawn!

love that cousin book idea. Once the girls have more than 3 cousins that's something we'll have to do...great idea!

Anonymous said...

Shawns pictures are awesome. What a great talent.
I LOVE the cousin book. I might have to come see it. I would love to put one together. Thanks again for the great ideas.

Smittys said...

I love your ideas. Maybe we should live by each other!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

Shawn is an awesome artist. that pic of you is so neat. and the cousin encyclopedia is also a great idea. Your tidbit tuesday is keeping my mind working!!! And thanks so much for the info on the Gospel ABC Book....stinkin cute!!!

Andrea said...

Wow....that first pic is amazing of you and Sam. What a great talent to have. I think that cousin book is such a clever idea. I wish Hunter and Tanner actually had more than one cousin.....
fun ideas

My Everythings said...

We just got your package! So so cute! Thanks very much. You did a really good job on it. I love the fabric and colors.
We will be in UT in July so if youre in SLC then we HAVE to hook up!

Mandi said...

I hear you are running the wasatch relay with us, I can't wait, oh what fun we'll have!!