Sunday, June 21, 2009

One week -

One week left! Yea! Boo! Excited! Sad! Ready! Not even close to ready.... those are just a few of the emotions we've been having today. Time really does fly, and I can't begin to describe how wonderful our time here in Iowa has been, and how much I'm going to miss all the people and places we've grown to love. Thank you all for EVERYTHING you've been and done for our family. I'm really excited to be going HOME and so grateful for our wonderful family for being so willing to help and welcome us back to Idaho. Shawn has really liked his rotation at Waterloo, and that is great to know we'd be happy coming back to Iowa.
Here's some highlights of this week:

1. Reiman Gardens with the Janke's. A much needed running and wrestling session for Sam, and a little bit of seeing dinosaurs.

2. Packing or should I say trying to find places to stuff packing paper! Its sad to see all of our things in boxes, and to see our home become a house again. On the other hand - yes our house is STILL for sale!! Keep praying that it will sell soon....


3. My mom will really appreciate this - Sam has been living in his swimming suit! Honestly he wears it almost all day, every day! I did this when I was a little kid too, kind of wierd... but lately it has been incredibly hot and humid I don't mind him doing it and being ready to play in the water.
4. Waukee's Farmer's Market! I went with my friend Dana and her kids. We enjoyed some yummy food including chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick! and Sam and Carter enjoyed some music demonstrating some killer dance moves.

5. FATHER'S DAY! Shawn wanted food! Surprise?? We started off with waffles, strawberries and whipped cream (Jack loved it) and ended it with steak, peas & potatoes, veggie kabobs, corn on the cob & homemade Chocolate Cake!! It was really good - and we got to show Shawn how much we love and appreciate him. Sam and Jack got him a fishing pole and tackle box, so they can all go fishing together. The boys adore Shawn and for good reason - he is an amazing father and loves his boys so much. I have really grown to appreciate how much he did now that he's been gone this month. Thanks Shawn we love you! Happy Father's Day to my dad and my father -in-law; we love you all.
I'm hoping to post one more time before we more (for journaling purposes) but if not - Again thank you to everyone for all you do. I'm grateful for blogs, so that I can keep in touch and watch our families and kids grow!

3 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Oh my goodness you weren't kidding about the packing paper! I hope you know I have been losing sleep over this whole move thing! Honestly! I can't believe the time has come. We are so incredibly sad. I keep thinking you'll change your mind and stay..I'll even help you unpack all those boxes:) Glad Shawn was able to be home to eat his way through Father's Day! :) Love you!

Jennilyn said...

OH I wish I was there! I am glad you have had some help, everyone out there is so nice and always willing to help. I miss everyone!

That picture of your three boys is adorable, Jack's smiling face especially.

Nicolette said...

Thanks for your comments Meg, most days I don't FEEL like a hot mamma when I don't shower or wear a bra for days on end (not even exaggerating!). Good luck with the move and can't wait to see you in August!!!!