Monday, September 26, 2011

An apple filled Addendum to the Rantings Post

Just when I decided that all that is wrong with the world is doing a frontal assault on me, some generous, kind person falls into my path and reminds me that the real problem lies in the black hearted person I let myself become. {Lesson: Don't Be Easily Offended!) We decided to take advantage of one day without rain, and it the apple orchard. Our favorite here is Dubois Farm in Highland. It is a beautiful orchard filled with all kinds of fruits, and has a barn filled with treats like apple pies and apple cider doughnuts. We went in search of our favorite apple - HONEY CRISPS... Jack and Lyv eat these like candy because that is what they taste like. We got there and found out that the honeycrisps weren't available to be picked anymore. BUMMER! So we settled for some Gala's which the kids loved too. We picked up a few pumpkins to take home and then started the walk back to the car. As we walked a man in a very "official-looking" golf cart stopped me and asked where I was from. I told him, adding that we loved this farm because we had got such great Honeycrips last year. He then told me to go up to where the honeycrisps were and see if I could find any that were still good. (By now the birds and bugs start to get to them.) I came back with a 1/2 bushel of the biggest, juiciest honeycrisps and all for the price of one man's kindness. He invited us to come back anytime to play in the little playhouses they have on the property as well. Thank you for falling into my path and reminding me that my generalizations aren't very true!) People are good, life is great, and no matter your location you can always CHOOSE to happy. Jack's giving you his thumbs up!



Finally a parting clink to you - our little post-school celebration with Sam, tea please!

No comments: