Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jack's 3rd Birthday

Its hard to believe that three years have past since that wonderful moment in the early hours of Saturday September 6th, that a perfect, beautifuly, healthy baby boy was placed in my eager arms. It had been a long, sad wait for this moment - and in that instant joy replaced heartache. He has continued to bring our family JOY! Jack is the child that attribute most of the laughs in our house to. He is in constant motion and therefore constantly finding new things and new ways to play with and in. He causes me my most frustration and my most instanteous happiness. He was worth waiting for, and as we mark 3 years of having him in our family, I feel like I'm being to understand the wisdom is having to wait for him. I don't think I would have truly appreciated him and all of his uniqueness without it.

We started out the day with Apple Jacks - (no milk/ thanks Uncle Jake!). The festivities were slowed down in getting Sam ready for school, but we quickly started the party after that.
Jack wanted Old McDonald's for lunch, and then we waited for Sam to get home from school. Dad arrived home from work early and we ripped open our presents. We made Jack's favorite dinner - Hamburgers, homemade french fries, and Rootbeer! The best!Then we broke out the cake. Jack helped me make it during the afternoon, and our friend's the Thun's came over to sing Happy Birthday to Jack. He wanted a spiderman cake, and Spidey is what he got. He was so cute - singing the entire birthday song to himself, at the top of his lungs. He loved everything about birthdays!


Opening presents was the highlight - Jack was soooo spoiled and he loved all of his fun new toys, books, candy, shirt, music, and MONEY! He loves money, and often goes through my purse in pursuit of loose change or bills. Little pick pocket.

Future McDonald's employee: Jack LOVED this present!!! Curse you McDonald's for luring my child further into your grasps!
Here are some things about Jack that we love:

He doesn't say the word "YES" he makes this funny obscure grunt noise like "Huh". It drive me crazy!
He LOVES LOVES LOVES pop, juice, candy, and fruit - the more sugar the better for Jack.
He is incredibly independent - "I do it myself!" He is excited to be big and love his brother Sam.
He loves to snuggle at night and often asks "Mom, lay with me!"
He is so smart. Really he can figure anything out in a matter of minutes. This often leads to trouble for Jack, because he's usually McGievering some contraption meant to keep little people out.

He loves to destroy things - we build a tower or train track he plows it over. He finds great pleasure in playing in dirt, mud, throwing rocks, and poking sticks into things. He says funny phrases that are very adultish and makes us laugh all of the time.
Maybe it was the combination of having Sam go to school and Jack's 3rd birthday, but this birthday day struck me as making Jack seem so BIG. He is no longer a toddler, he's a fully independent, curious BOY, and I'm excited for the next two years of having him become my best buddy!

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck my kids have the exact same McDonald's cash registers! Yup - for Christmas last year Grandma Parker got them EACH one and they love it. Jared always says, "Aah, so proud to see that they are aspiring to be McDonald's employees!" Their new thing is that they want to take my order and then they want real money from me for the non-existant food... Huh - seems like a good idea to me!

Julie said...

LOOKS LIKE JACK- JACK HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!! WISH WE WERE CLOSER TO SPEND THESE FUN TIMES WITH YOU. HE IS SURE A HANDSOME LITTLE DUDE. WHAT A FUN DAY TO SPEND TIME WITH SAMMY AT THE MUSEUM. I LOVE SPENDING ONE ON ONE TIME WITH EACH OF THE GRANDKIDS, IT IS REALLY SPECIAL. HAVE YOU GOT WEBBED TOES YET? THE WEATHER HAS SURE DUMPED THE WATER ON YOU GUYS. STAY SAFE AND DRY...LOVE YOU ALL